God is so good!!!!!
A change in our schedule with the three boys this week, a piano recital for two of the boys, and 2 funerals, and David is still doing wonderful!!!!
On Monday we attended the funeral and celebrated the life of David's last aunt (his dad's sister)...She lived a good and faithful life for 91 years right here in Seguin. David enjoyed visiting with his cousin, and after the funeral David's sister and her daughter came over, and it was so good to make family connections again.
Tuesday was another funeral and celebration of life. Mr. Bohmann was 94 years old ..... he had been David's accounting professor and friend. He was a man who touched the lives of his students in a very special way, and he continued touching their lives long after their graduation. He stayed in touch with many of his former students, always encouraging and telling them how special they were, and he always expressed his pride in their accomplishments.
December....... a couple of months after David was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, Mr Bohmann called to talk with David. Lucky for me, on this particular day, David was out walking. Mr. Bohmann spoke with me, and he shared with me so many wonderful stories (that I'd never heard) about David as his student. David is such a modest and humble man, I would have NEVER known or heard the wonderful stories that Mr. Bohmann shared with me.....this was a time..... when I NEEDED to hear these stories....... and thanks to this wonderful man..... he lifted my spirits immensely!
Sunday was a busy day, with the boy's piano recital. The boys did a great job! David sat through the entire recital, and he did great too!
Sunday evening was the ballet recital for our grandaughter, Sarah, who lives in Houston....I wish we could have been there, but thanks to the camera...... we can enjoy looking at the pictures.
Our normal routine has not been normal, but David has been a trooper! I was hoping and praying David could make it through this week. The week isn't over, but I'm completely satisfied that he's made it this far!
And I say, "thank you God for special people who've touched our lives, for grandchildren, recitals, and answered prayers!"

2 comments:
I prayed so hard that the change in schedules for y'all wouldn't bother dad. I am so happy that so far so good! Thank you God for answering prayers :-)
And doesn't Sarah look sweet!?!
Sarah is soooo beautiful!
Post a Comment