I Believe...

"LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WEATHERING THE STORM, ...IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN"

Friday, April 8, 2011

***************My Birthday!***************

Ok...... normally I wouldn't mention my birthday, but...... this is a big one, rather than cry..... I plan to celebrate my 70 years on this beautiful  earth with all the people I love.
My grandmother died when she was 78,  I was 17 years old.   I thought she was so old.
My mother died when she was 66, my dad  was 72,  and my only sibling, my brother died at the early age of 50.   
70's is no longer old!

There are days that I feel ancient, but most days I feel young, until I look in the mirror.   The mirror tells me the truth, but I don't care.
 
David is doing well again this week, and for that I am so grateful!!!  The best birthday present!
This morning at 7:00 I look out the front window and see our best friends walking up the sidewalk.   They brought us breakfast tacos,  the most delicious carrot cake (I've already eaten a slice), some of my favorite music to enjoy while we were eating.
What a sweet and wonderful surprise.   GOD IS GOOD!

Today we'll go to Red Lobster for lunch (you thought I was going to say Olive Garden).... we'll go there Saturday night.....this evening we'll go with our son and his family to a former restaurant's reunion at our city park.   The restaurant,  Hot Shots,  was on the lake, and washed away in the 1998 flood.   

During their college years, our son was the cook and his girl friend (now his wife) was a waitress.   Our daughter and her husband met at the restaurant.   Eileen, the owner of the restaurant is like family.

Our whole family has so many wonderful memories at Hot Shots.    They've sold 1,500 tickets for the dinner tonight  (a lot of other people have special memories of Hot Shots too)..... sure hope we can find a place to park.

I thank God for my life, my family and friends! 
and 
YEA 70!!!

42 comments:

judye said...

I know I've aleady wished you Happy Birthday on FB, but I want to say it again because you are absolutely a gorgeous 70!!! That's waaaaaaaaaaay higher than being a 10!! I love the pictures you posted of a very tiny baby Dolores as well as a very tiny grown-up Dolores. I am so very thankful to God, as well as a bit humbled, by the special people He has put in my life over these many years. You are, without a doubt, one whose friendship I hold dear to my heart and cherish deeply no matter if we see each other on a daily basis (which we don't) or if it's every once in a while. Thank the Lord for you, Dolores. I miss you. Love, Judye

Andrea said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!!!! I am a follower of your daughters blog and when she wrote about yours I began following you and honestly enjoy reading your thoughts and your perspective. 70 isn't old not today it isn't. I am 50 and one of my closest friends is 81, a very, very young 81. Again, have a wonderful birthday!!!

Laura said...

I've been a follower of your blog for several months, but have never commented. I had to today.
Happy Birthday! I hope that you have a wonderful day!!

Sugar Bear said...

A very happy birthday to you Dolores! I hope you are a wonderful and relaxing day!
Hugs,
Karla

Susannah said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Dolores! I hope it is a glorious day and weekend for you! Have some fun!

BTW....your pictures are great. You are such a pretty woman.

Deb said...

Happy 70th...hope your day is as special as you are...what a nice surprise from friends...love your photos...your beautiful on the inside and out....

Helen said...

So much fun, watching the flower who is Dolores emerge and bloom though the years.

Just let go, relax, enjoy and remember THIS day is just for you and you alone! Relish in the feeling.

Happy Birthday

Joy said...

You're STILL a beautiful woman! I noticed the resemblance in the baby photo. Those cloth diapers, wow, that brings back memories. What a sweet little girl you were. I have a feeling you were very obedient...true? Have a great day and great birthday--HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Debbie said...

Dolores, it must be fun to be gorgeous all your life! Happy Birthday!!!!! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time and still have more to look forward to.
Have even more fun!
Deb

Donna said...

Happy Wonderful Birthday to a Sweet and Dear Bloggy Friend!!
70 is just when you kickstart your life....I'm SO blessed to have you in my life!!
HAPPY DAY GIRL!!
hughughugs

Barbara said...

Happy birthday my dear friend! You don't look anything like 70. As you said, when my grandparents were 70, they were gray and bent over and did exciting things like go to the lodge.

I'm so glad everything is even right now. Enjoy your time!!

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you, I am so glad you shared! Happy Beautiful Birthday! 70...I am shocked I thought you might be 60! You are looking fantastic!

We have another thing in commmon...we are both Aries!

Betty said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I was quickly taking a few minutes to read some blogs and I'm so glad I caught your post. What a wonderful day you've had so far with breakfast tacos and David doing well. Have fun tonight.

Reid thanks you for the card! It was waiting for him when we got home yesterday.

Betty said...

Almost forgot...I love all the pictures! What a neat trip down Memory Lane. I was also surprised to learn that you're 70!

Happy@Home said...

Happy Birthday Dolores.
I'm so glad you let us know that it was your special day so that we could wish you a wonderful day. You were an adorable baby, a very pretty little girl and a beautiful 70 year old lady.
It sounds like you have lots of fun things to look forward to. I'm so glad that David is doing well. Enjoy every moment of your birthday surrounded by your friends and family.
Hugs,
Kim

Deb said...

"Happy Birthday Dolores"
Hope you have a day of pampering for a change and enjoy your celebration with your family. Hugs, Deb=^..^=x5

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

Tap tap tap... la la la... clear throat... lalal.... ick... pollen... Guess I cant sing for you so I will just have to wish you a happy birthday and may you have a super time with family and friends. You look Marvelous!

Mary said...

Goodness! I hope I look so good when I turn 70! Have a wonderful celebration! God bless!

Carol Noren Johnson said...

Love these reflections on your birthday! Glad you can celebrate it in a meaningful way and so glad that David is having a good week.

Hugs,
Carol

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

Happy Happy Happy Birthday !!
Were almost birthday twins I had my 60th on April Fools.

Diane

Vee said...

You sure make seventy look great! What a beautiful gal you are and always have been. Thank you for sharing your special day with us. Have a very happy birthday with all the family. Wishing you many blessings!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Aunt D!!!!! I remember Hot Shots too! What a fun way to spend your birthday! Love you!! L~

Mary Lou said...

Happy Birthday! You are so right...70 is NOT old. My daughter says that we are going to have a "30 More years to a 100" for my husband's 70th in June. You look great and you bless me the way you have cared for your David.

Shelley said...

No wonder you are such a beautiful woman! Look at you - gorgeous young lady! No way you are 70! Have you checked your birth certificate?
Happy Birthday my dear friend - enjoy, laugh and dance.

romance-of-roses said...

How wonderful, Happy Birthday Dolores
Happy 70th Birthday. So glad David is doing well. I was lucky to have my sweet mom till she was 95.
Till next time, keep smiling...
Blessings, Lu

Terynn said...

Your photos are so precious. It is easy to see you have been beautiful from the day God created you. Thanks for sharing.

Also, what a wonderful Birthday weekend you have had (and will have). Many new memories will be made. ::happy sigh::

Lastly, I pretty much think I want to be you when I 'grow up'. :D I will be 49 in a couple of months ...

Lonely Rivers said...

You are lovely and loved on this birthday and everyday!

Jenny's Place Online said...

Happy Birthday Dolores. I'm glad the timing of my last blog post coincided with your birthday, and brought happy memories :) Best wishes, Jenny

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

Happy Birthday Dolores. I love the pics. Have a blast. You are right 70 is not old! Glad that David has had such a good week. Many blessing, Karen

xinex said...

Happy Birthday, Dolores! Oh, you were so beautiful and you still are so gorgeous. I always tell your niece Laura that. SOunds like a great birthday, I hope I am not too late in greeting you. I have been busy cause my stepdaughter with her 3 kids are visiting.....Christine

Bernie said...

Happy Belated Birthday, hope you had a wonderful day.....:-)Hugs

karen said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! The Hot Shots reunion sounds like so much fun. I hope your Birthday weekend is the best every. And what pretty pictures. You are young in everyway. Happy Birthday !!!!!!

Linda Born said...

Happy belated birthday, Dolores. I enjoy your blog and appreciate your comments when you visit mine. You are such a beautiful lady and these photos show that you have been lovely through all your life. And you are absolutely correct--70 is no longer old!

Gilda Spitz said...

Happy birthday, dear friend!

slotmachinemimi said...

Happy Birthday! Girl, you look GOOD for your age!!!! I thought of you today..driving thru Sequin on our way home from San Antonio. I found your blog while blog surfing and now follow often. Take care and know that you are thought of during this long road called LIFE. Susan

Unknown said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Dolores,

You know it is no wonder you are such a gorgeous woman, seeing the photos of you throughout your childhood. You were beautiful then and now. I think the mirror problem is that if you feel young (I feel seventeen) and then I look in the mirror I get a bit confused.

From your photos on your blog all this time I thought you were younger than me, and I am 62. Your birthday celebration sounds delightful. I hope that you had a great time.

Karen

KathyB. said...

What a pretty little girl you were, and beautiful woman you ARE! 70 years old? Are you kidding? I think your beauty comes not only from your genes, but from inside out. A beautiful heart created by God, trusting in Him, and rejoicing in His goodness and mercy. Happy Birthday Dolores, belatedly ~ You truly are blessed !

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Happy Birthday, you were and are a beautiful lady! May God keep blessing your stroll thru this earth, along, hand in hand with your lovable hubby.
Thank you for dropping by and for such lovely comments.
XOXO
FABBY

Vickie said...

Happy Birthday, Dolores! You are a beautiful woman, have been all your life and I STILL see that little twinkle in your eye! I hope your birthday supper IS super! Enjoy!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Happy Birthday, Delores!!!! You look FABULOUS!!!! I hope you have a wonderful time at all your celebrations! You go girl!!!!! XO, Pinky

JeanMac said...

Belated greetings - both you and David look terrific.

rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com said...

Your eyes light up the page, Dolores. What a sweet and beautiful soul you are~ To many many more!!! I'm just a few behind you!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...