I Believe...

"LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WEATHERING THE STORM, ...IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN"

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

GOOD TIMES!

How good it is.... when there's a full moon on David's birthday! 

Thank you to all my wonderful Blogging and Face Book friends for David's birthday wishes.... you're such a blessing to me!!!
 Our best friends made him a birthday cake.....(actually they made TWO.... the first one was so good that it fell apart....then, they made a second one) 
  Perfection.... German chocolate and chocolate.... God is good .... and .... David loved it.... can you tell?
Our son and his family came over,  they brought presents and a card.....
(Please don't look at the bare feet) 

Our daughter and her family came last weekend.....we celebrated with cards and presents, and she cut his hair...
I try my best... not to think about the coming year/years .........
When David was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in October 2005 .........I truly thought our world had ended.   

Our life as we knew it has definitely changed, and I'll be the first to admit how much I dislike the changes.    

However, we continue having good days (not always the best), but .... our days are better than I thought they would be ........  

Maybe it's good that Alzheimer's, for David ..... has progressed slowly;  it gives more time to adjust to each new change taking place.

GOD IS GOOD!!!

27 comments:

Janice Martin said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID!!! PRAYING YOU WILL FEEL GOD'S BLESSINGS & LOVE SURROUNDING YOU & YOUR BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!! HUGS TO YOU ON THIS SPECIAL DAY!
Janice & Fred

Unknown said...

So glad you all had such a nice party for David...Happy Birthday..David!!! It must be so wonderful to have all their support.
Have a great week.

Barbara said...

My dear Dolores,

How I wish I had your faith and attitude! I am so depressed lately that I can't see straight, yet you light my day when I see your posts. You are an inspiration to me.

David is surrounded by love, as are you. May it always be that way!

xxx
love,
barbara

karen said...

Wonderful pictures. The cake looks so good. Happy Birthday David!!!!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday, David! It looks as if you had a wonderful party.
God's richest blessings on all of you.

xinex said...

What a wonderful celebration, Dolores. David looks so happy and that choc. cake looks delish. Happy birthday to David again!....Christine

judi/Gmj said...

you are high on my list of good things.

romance-of-roses said...

Happy, Happy Birthday dear David and may you receive many blessings from above today and always. Yes, that cake does look good, I love cake. Big birthday hug to both of you...Lu

A Woman that Fears the Lord said...

I'm sorry I missed the opportunity to wish David a HAPPY BIRTHDAY. It looks like he had a great one.

I used to cut my daddy's hair! :-) I miss him so much!

God bless you!

Latane Barton said...

I happen to love the barefeet. I am a barefoot person myself and would never wear shoes if I didn't have to.

David looks so good. Glad he has enjoyed his birthday.

Happy@Home said...

Belated birthday greetings to David. I'm sorry to have missed your previous post as I'm currently in Michigan spending time with my sister and haven't been on the computer much.
I agree with you that David's mom took wonderful pictures and I enjoyed each one of them. It seems he was raised with a lot of love and that love has continued with you and your family. While it's true that love can't cure Alzheimer's, it sure does make the journey easier.
So glad to see David was surrounded by family and friends on his special day.
PS: I loved your barefeet!!

Donna said...

Ahhhh!!! I'm SO glad he enjoyed it!
That cake looks wonderful too!
And that Rocking Chair! I LOVE it!
Sweet day Miz Delores...
hughugs

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I'm so glad dear David enjoyed his birthday so much and so did you, my dear friend, wish I could've been there to celebrate too! You have such wonderful friends and beautiful loving family, that I think, ANYONE would feel great around you all, lovely lady...and David is no exception! God bless.
FABBY

judi/Gmj said...

ps;

here is tattler's link.

http://courtyardtattler.blogspot.com/

come see what's happening in our world. love you , hug David for me.

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Yeah for you...keeping up the fight!!! Have a beautiful day!!!

Gilda Spitz said...

So glad to see a happy post from you, Dolores. I'm happy to know that you had such a nice birthday celebration with wonderful friends and family.

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

I am so glad David had a good birthday and is able to realize he is having a birthday! So glad your family is close enough to come too! Your smile lights up your face!!!!!! XO, Pinky

Vee said...

What a great day! What's not to love and enjoy with wonderful family around, delicious cake to eat, presents, friends... The list goes on and on. I think you all look perfectly at home in your bare feet. Mine are bare right now, too. Perhaps we're all Hobbits. ;>

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

Now that is a sweet happy face and look at that cake!! What a sweetheart they were to make 2.

I am so glad to know the lord is answering all of our prayers for good days. We praise GOD for his blessings!!!!

Will keep praying for more and more and more.......

Leontien said...

Hi Dolores,
God is indeed good!

Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my post this past Monday. I hope indeed it is a thing from the past and that this little bump in the road is cleared soon.

I'm glad you and your family had a good day!
Leontien

Joy said...

You are blessed with good neighbors and loving family. Happy Birthday to David. I see someone is now a blonde...

KathyB. said...

I am amazed at how well and how long David has kept enough memory to be a part of his birthday celebration, and how loving and supportive your children & grandchildren are. I think of you both often and pray for you. I hope you are doing well this week. ( About the bare feet, that is how I go about daily, barefoot ~ much more comfortable)

Sewconsult said...

Delores, I found your blog by way of Karen's. I hope that the progression of your husbands decline will be slowed and that the good times outweigh the bad.
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com said...

Delores...What blessings I see in these photos! And David looks SO very happy! That's all because he has a wife who is an Angel~xoxoxoxox

Rebecca Nelson said...

Happy Birthday to Mr. D! I love seeing the pics of your family.

Now girly...what kind of wood floors do you have? LOVE THEM!

And you...

xoRebecca

Leontien said...

Hi Dolores!
I used your quote! I hope you liked the way i used it and that you and your hubby are doing ok!

a big hug
Leontien

Betty said...

I'm glad the birthday celebration went so well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...