I Believe...

"LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WEATHERING THE STORM, ...IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN"

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

MY BEST FRIEND'S BIRTHDAY

I'm  sad and I'm mourning the slow  decline of my sweet  David ....... but I'm also blessed  with the sweetest, most faithful and compassionate friend anyone could ever dream of having.
( Israel - 1998)
March 7th is my best friend's birthday....
(Marriage - May 2000)
There  are no  boundaries on ages of friends..... my best friend is the same age as our son.     We met on a spiritual  (Emmaus) walk   ....  sponsored by our church in July of 1994.   God knew we needed one another......the rest is history.
(Port Aransas several years ago)
Nelwyn, Keith and Jillian....thank you for loving us unconditionally.   
We love you all!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NELWYN!!

17 comments:

Deb said...

Best friends are ..well, the BEST. We all need one and if we have one, that's all we need. Happy Birthday to your friend. Hugs, Deb

Kathy Knowles said...

Delores,
One of my dearest and best friends is 17 years older than I, and God brought her into my life over 30 years ago. We used to tell people we had been through her divorces and my pregnancies. We continue to walk through life together. She has recently recovered from bladder cancer and is searching for a 24 hour facility for her 92 year old mother. We talk often right now while she helps me adjust to Billy being in a facility. God is so good about putting people in our lives that we need. I'm so happy for you to have Jillian in your life. Blessings for you, Kathy

Andrea said...

I agree. I adore my neighbor because we truly have so many things in common and make each other laugh all the time. Lillian is 82 and I am 51. I hope you have a wonderful birthday celebration with your friend.

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

God had bless you in so many ways and a true friend is priceless.

Lifting you and David in prayer. GOD lift your spririts.

Unknown said...

What a truly loving friend...she is so beautiful and you two look like sisters! Have a wonderful birthday, Newlyn.

Donna said...

What a wonderful friend! Happy Birthday to Nelwyn!!!
hughugs

romance-of-roses said...

Thank you for sharing photos, always enjoy them and happy birthday to Nelwyn. Yes, she is blessing for you. God is good. Hugs...Lu

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

I don't know what I would do without my best friend. She is a priceless gift in my life. Happy birthday to YOUR best friend. XO, Pinky

xinex said...

What a wonderful tribute o your best friend, Dolores. Happy birthday to her...Christine

Vickie said...

Age doesn't matter, Dolores, when your spirits click. I'm so glad you have this lovely friend in your life! Best friends are such a gift from God!
My husband has a cousin named Nelwyn - pretty name!

Rebecca Nelson said...

Dear Miss D...

I read this post...and I'm thankful you have such wonderful friends.

I also read the previous one.

:....(

My daddy actually has frontal lobe dementia. We call it Alzheimer's because the symptoms mimic one another. Either way the mind goes.

I saw my father on the 4th for his 82nd bday. He still knows me most days, but not my daughter, Adrienne. He still thinks she's 10. When it's all more than I can take (and on most visits it is) I'm reminded that somehow, someway, God will make something beautiful out of the nightmare we are living. He promised to restore the years the locusts have devoured and I know He is a God of His word...

Tonight I prayed for you. Prayed God would continue to be enough for you during these difficult days.

Enough.

Enough.

Love you~Rebecca

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your friend. How blessed you are Dolores. God is so good. I always feel that sometimes I receive my best blessings when I am losing something else. God's grace.

Wishing you a wonderful celebration.

Karen

Latane Barton said...

Happy Birthday to Nelwyn. God Bless friendships that come along just when we need them and remain steadfast through thick and thin.
Hope you are doing alright, Dolores. Been thinking about you.

Joy said...

I've always thought that she looked so much like you--like your sister. Who can put a price on a priceless friend??

Sheila said...

You really are blessed to have such a constant friend. Thank you for your visits to my blog. I have just read back through yours and am saddened to read of the changes that have happened since I last checked in. I believe there is hope that medication will stabilize David's moods and aggression. We just had good news about a friend who had experienced the same changes while receiving chemo to treat cancer. Things have stabilized and he has now come home after being in the psychiatric ward for quite some time.
I loved seeing all the pictures through the years of David and Karen. It's hard to believe she's 45 and has 6 children. You must be so proud of her.

Sugar Bear said...

Happy birthday to your best friend! I'm 34 and my best friend will be 62 this week so I can relate! She was also in my wedding. Souls know no age!
Hugs,
Karla

Betty said...

You're so fortunate to have such a special friend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...