I Believe...

"LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WEATHERING THE STORM, ...IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN"

Thursday, May 24, 2012

49 YEARS

We've had a wonderful journey together in spite of Alzheimer's!


Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon him your heart’s deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto him as long as you both shall live?      
I do and I will!!!
May 24th, 1963
 Seguin's First United Methodist Chapel
We've been  blessed with a wonderful life together!!!   
Right now ..... it isn't what I'd hoped and dreamed our life would be at this time in our life, but I can reflect back on all the wonderful times we've had together.....and, how can I complain?     I can't ...... and...... I won't!
GOD IS GOOD!!!  
And I say, "thank you God ...... for 49 wonderful years.... with the man of my dreams!"....
 Our family - March 2011

29 comments:

Debbie said...

It's unusual to see couples keep those vows under much easier circumstances. How wonderful to witness this love in action. I'm sorry things have not gone the way you planned. But you haven't let circumstances rule your decision to keep you vows before God and he will say to you both, "well done good and faithful servants". David will be whole again and you will have been a wonderful example to your children and families. God bless you Dolores and David, and give you strength and courage to run the race through. This is really life, isn't it. Hugs,
Debbie

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Wishing you a beautiful day!!!

Brian Carter said...

You are an amazing and wonderful woman, Aunt Dolores! This post brought tears to my eyes.
Love, Brian

Vee said...

A blessed anniversary to you and David. Your faith and devotion speak volumes to me. I echo what you so often say, God is good.

Happy@Home said...

Happy Anniversary to you and David. Your positive attitude continues to be such an inspiration.

Latane Barton said...

Happy Anniversary. Memories of years gone by and the devotion to each other just makes my heart light amid the tears. You two have had such an amazing marriage and love. And, your sweet, gentle spirit continues to inspire me, Dolores. Have a wonderful day with your David today.

judi/Gmj said...

congrats.

you have shared your wonderful life through pictures, your world travels, your thoughts and feelings, laughter and tears. For this I thank you. you are still an inspiration to me. hugs, judi

Helen said...

You have made this journey together with courage, grace and humility. Happy Day, Dolores.

Donna said...

Happy Sweet Anniversary sweet Delores and David!!!
(((((HUG)))))

~~Rhonda said...

Happy anniversary to you and David! I am sorry you've had such a difficult journey the past few years, but God IS good and He holds you both in the palm of his hand. May He continue to bless you and your dear family. One day you will find out how encouraging you have been to many people, some of whom you won't meet until we stand united before God. Thank you for your willingness to share. ~~Rhonda

Deb said...

Happy Anniversary..love all the photos...You are such a sweet lady...

Susannah said...

Happy Anniversary to Dolores and David. I'm thinking of you both with love and prayers (everyday).

What a remarkable woman you are.

Susannah

Mary Lou said...

Happy Anniversary. You are an inspiration and a blessing to read. May you feel His arms of love and comfort around you today.

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

Happy Anniversary. Beautiful post about a beautiful life. You are an inspiration to all!

Mary said...

Wishing you peace and comfort on this special day for you and David. The two of you are a beautiful love story, true, real and lasting. May God bless you both. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

very_inky_fingers said...

Happy Anniversary to wonderful Delores and her beloved David. Delores... he is so tall! You must have felt protected in his arms..that is for sure! Now, you do the protecting, making sure he is cared for in a loving way seeing to his needs. There is so much love in your relationship... such a beautiful family filled with love. God is Good! You really are wonderful. Thank you so much for your prayers and visits to my little blog space. I value your friendship! Bless you... Mary

Sue Baker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sue Baker said...

Dolores --Happy Anniversary! Thank you for showing me how it's done. Much love to you & David. Sue

Mary said...

Happy Anniversary, Dolores! "And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him." What a wonderful helper you have been for David, and a wonderful example for others :)

KathyB. said...

You are a beautiful couple, and even more to be praised, a couple that honored vows of marriage, and when your beloved David is unaware of so much that is important in his and your life, the vows, the love, they are here, now.No better example of fidelity, love, enduring love, is there than this.

Anonymous said...

You are honoring your wedding vows in the truest sense, showing love at its finest. May that bring comfort to your soul in these difficult days. Happy Anniversary, Delores. David is still and always will be, your beloved. Thank you for modeling the true heart of marriage.

Becky

xinex said...

In spite of everything, you are truly blessed, Dolores. Even with his sickness, he has left you with enough so that you do not have to bear the care for him all on your own. He was thinking ahead. I can tell how much he loves and cares for you, even if most of the time, he is not aware of him. happy Anniversary!...Christine

JeanMac said...

Happiest love to you both!

Rebecca Nelson said...

What a blessing to read this post my sweet friend. I'm reminded of a poem I came across years and years ago that said that we will never have to go where our Savior has not already been. Isn't that comforting? Nothing we face in this life is beyond His understanding.

Love to you...you bless us all with your grace.

xoRebecca

alfwilk said...

What a beautiful testament to your love and lives together. Your family is so terrific and a great support for you. We've had the health and happiness. Now is it time for the sickness of the vows. Wish we never had to have that part but you have handled it with dignity and love and support. What a great woman you are. I aspire to be like you when our time comes. Thanks, Delores, for being such a wonderful role model for the rest of us.

romance-of-roses said...

Dear Dolores and David, Happy Anniversary to you both, God is good indeed. You have been blessed with many years of happiness and you have had a beautiful life together. Lots to be thankful for. We also had an anniversary on May 21.I send you many prayers and blessings,your friend, Lu

ain't for city gals said...

My parents just celebrated their 62 wedding anniversary...the first one since my dad passed away. We told my mom that is STILL her anniversay no matter what!...and we celebrated!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary Dolores. Your family photo is so lovely and it makes you realize the fruit of your 49 years together. You and David have probably traveled to more places and shared more dreams than most couples. Although these last years are hardly something that you would have wanted to happen, your faith and loyalty still plant seeds of comfort for David, your family and for all of us who read your blog.

Thank you for being you Dolores,

Karen

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

I am sorry I missed this, happy belated anniversary. I wish you could celebrate properly but at least you can be with David, physically. I congratulate you on keeping those vows. I take them VERY seriously too. XO, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...