I Believe...

"LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WEATHERING THE STORM, ...IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN"

Friday, October 5, 2012

DAVID is SINGING with the ANGELS

POEM of LIFE
(Author unknown)

Life is but a stopping place,
A pause in what's to be,
A resting place along the road,
To sweet eternity.

We all have different journeys,
Different paths along the way.
We all were meant to learn some things,
But never meant to stay..



Our destination is a place,
Far greater than we know.
For some the journey's quicker,
For some the journey's slow.

And when the journey finally ends, 
We'll claim a great reward,
And find an everlasting peace,
Together with the Lord.

My sweet David, the best husband, father, grandfather (Pope)  and friend has gone to walk with Jesus,  sing with the angels and reunite with his mother, dad, sister, my brother and mother. 

I will miss him so much!!!

I praise God that my sweet David is whole again..... no more Alzheimer's!!!!! 

I thank God for this wonderful man in my life for 49 years.....I AM BLESSED!!

GOD IS GOOD!! 

67 comments:

MaLeah said...

I prayed for David (and you) last night. I'm so sorry for your loss. I will be thinking of you! David is surely watching over you now as he is happy and whole again!

John McReynolds said...

Well said Dolores. We will miss you Pope. I know you are standing tall and reunited with your beautiful sister Norma and Mima and Bipa probably have their famous rolls in the oven waiting for you!

Helen said...

Words cannot convey my sadness ...
these are words that provided comfort for me ...

Your job is done … Rest easy, sleep well.
Others have taken up where you fell … the line has held.
Peace, peace, and farewell.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh honey... sending lots of hugs, love and kisses your way. My prayers and thoughts are with you during this time... hugs ~lynne~

Nancy Carter, LCSW said...

There are no words that express my feeling of loss for myself and the family. But I am so thankful that he has a new life with God. For 50 years every experience has been with David there to appreciate you and cheer you on. He will stay in your heart and help you continue to find meaning in the path that God has graciously planned for you. Love you.

Susannah said...

Hello Sweet Dolores, I am sad for you but I know you have the right outlook now. David was a wonderful man. Please know that my husband and I are thinking of you and your family with heartfelt sympathy.

Love, Susannah

Judi said...

Delores,

Please don't forget, David is also looking at you with great love and thanking you for the wonderful, continuous love, care and support you've given him.

I am sad for your loss now and you are (and have been)in my prayers.

Love,

Judi

Anonymous said...

Our heartful sympathy for the loss of your Darling Husband David. It is not easy when one must go and one must stay behind. To know he is at peace
with the Heavenly Father and no more suffering. That is a Peace for your family now.

" Absent from the body is to be present with the Lord"

Love
Sid and Carol Henstra Haliburton Canada

Carolyn said...

Love and sympathy go out to you and your family.Your caring and faithfulness is amazing.

Fran said...

Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers hoping it provides you with comfort to know that others share in your sorrow. May the peace which comes from the memories of love shared, comfort you all today and in the days to come. Although it's difficult today to see beyond the sorrow you are experiencing, may looking back in memory help comfort you today, tomorrow and always. May God's love comfort your hearts today and bless you with endearing memories that your heart will always treasure. To borrow the words of Scripture: Take hope today in knowing that your David: is enjoying 'Newness of Life' because he has ... "fought the good fight, have finished the race, have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for him the crown of righteousness". (2 Timothy 4:7-8)

God bless!

Happy@Home said...

Dear Dolores,
I am so sorry for your loss. May you find comfort in knowing that David is at peace now in his heavenly home ... free from Alzheimer's.
You have travelleded this journey so bravely and helped so many others who are also going through it.
Please know that as you now face the loss of your dear husband, there are many of us praying for you and holding you close in thought.
Love and Hugs,
Kim

Luckymom22 said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers, now and in the time to come. I imagine he smiled his beautiful smile the second he realized he was finally free of his body, and I picture him smiling at you with so much love as he passed to Heaven. David knows he will see you soon...my prayers are for you as you make your way forward in the meantime. Love and prayers, Janice in San Diego

Laura said...

I've been thinking about you often and keeping you all in my prayers. I'm so sad for you, but David is free from Alzheimer's now and he will be watching over you. You'll cry and you'll laugh and you'll have such wonderful memories to look back on. Sending you love and hugs...

Suzan said...

Ohhh Bless you Dolores!! You have taken wonderful and loving care of David and have passed him on to be with GOD! It's time for you to care and nurture yourself. After you go through the motions of the funeral/memorial and the dust has settled, family and friends are all home, you may want to crawl into bed and sleep -- sleep for days!! Your body and soul needs to rest so you can regain your strength and begin your life with the wonderful memories of David and create a new place (not pysically, but mentally) for yourself with your family and friends.
Be kind to yourself --- take everything slowly. God Bless you!

Carol Noren Johnson said...

What a wonderful collage of pictures for such a great husband and family man. Glad he is at peace now. I have been praying for you as a new widow today as you "move forward" in the grieving process.

Hugs,
Carol

Barbara said...

I swear, I knew this morning.

Dolores, I am with you in spirit and sending up prayers for you and David. May your family provide you with comfort today.

Even though we knew it would happen, it's still hard when it does.

i love you,
barbara

Barbara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara said...

John Denver's song fits you too as well..

Perhaps love is like a resting place
A shelter from the storm
It exists to give you comfort
It is there to keep you warm
And in those times of trouble
When you are most alone
The memory of love will bring you home
If I should live forever
And all my dreams come true
My memories of love will be of you

judi/Gmj said...

Yes, God is good and we thank him for the grace and peace he has shown David and you.

Latane Barton said...

You and David have been on my mind so much lately. I know that this is very hard, losing your soulmate, but we can be comforted in the knowledge that David is singing songs of joy with his Lord. Love you,
Latane

Anonymous said...

Sweet Dolores, I have been thinking about you and your family and I am saddened to see your love has passed away. But I am also grateful that he is whole again like you said. My prayers are with you and your family. A big hug Leontien

Vickie said...

I am rejoicing with David - he is whole again, Dolores! He has gone to his reward with the Heavenly Father! I'm so sad for you, but for those of us who claim the Lord Jesus as our Saviour, death is not the end, but just the beginning of life everlasting with Him. I've been thinking about you guys and keeping you in prayer. And I will continue to remember you Dolores as you adjust and learn to live with your dear husband. I'm thankful that you have such dear family around you. Love you friend. Vickie

ain't for city gals said...

May one day all your sadness be turned to joy...for all the times you shared with David. Know that he is still with you...more than ever! Please take the time you need for grieving in whatever way you need...xoxo

Tracy said...

I'm so sorry. No Words. Just Prayers and Hugs And Tears.

Donna said...

I can find no words my sweet Dolores... But the Angels are singing and Jesus is smiling.....
Love to you Dear Heart...
(((((((Hug))))))))

jeanmac said...

Words are not enough but you know how much love we send to you and your family. Love J

Lonely Rivers said...

Sending love to you and your family at this time. I wish you comfort and grace in the coming days.

Vee said...

Oh, Dolores, I am smiling through the tears... Much love to you and your family.

Moments of Grace said...

My Dear Friend,

How sorry i am for your loss. David's spirit always came through in your photos and I felt as if I knew him, too.

Though there are no words that can ease your pain, I read these years ago and found comfort after the loss of both of my brothers. I pray they will bless you today:

"Those we love are with the Lord and the Lord has promised to be with us. If they are with Him and He is with us, then they cannot be far away.".

Love you, dearest friend and am praying for you.

In Grace,
Marie

Mitzi said...

I have followed David's journey for a long time. He was a sweet man and lucky to have you for his wife.
You have my sincere sympathy.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

I am so very sorry for your loss, but I know how relieved in many ways you must be. David is now free from the shackles of a terrible disease. My husband and I watched what it can do through my father-in-law. Very tragic. God bless you for all you did for David.

Hugs, the OP Pack Mom Kathie

Anonymous said...

A wonderful man has concluded his earthly journey. Thank you for sharing his story and yours. How deeply you have touched our lives with your honesty, your love, your strength. Blessings to you, Delores. Take good care of yourself as you celebrate David's life and mourn your loss.

Becky

H said...

Dolores,

Oh my friend, I am so very sorry for your loss. I have come to know you and David through your blog over the last few years. Praying for God to envelope you with comfort. I know David has been healed in Heaven. Know we will continue our prayers.

Heather

Joy said...

"Things which eye has not seen and ear has not heard, and which have not entered the heart of man, all that God has prepared for those who love Him." 1 Corinthians 2:9

Amanda said...

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Brenda said...

My arms go around you. You took such good care of David and have wonderful memories. I pray for God to comfort you and your family during this sad time. David is whole again and you will see him again. You have all of us, your faithful followers, to be here for you. Love to you and your family.

Chatty Crone said...

Wow I am letting out a big sigh. I am so sorry. I know no matter what it has to hurt like the dickens. I too have been praying and thinking about you. I do believe that he is in Heaven with the Lord - whole - no AD. The prayers now will be for you.
I am so sorry. Hugs and love.

Davene Grace said...

My heart goes out to you. I pray for comfort and peace and rest and an abiding sense of God's love to roll over you in mighty waves in the days and weeks and months and years to come.

You did such a good job of caring for him. You are truly an inspiration to me and to the many others whose lives were touched by you.

Sending hugs across the miles...

Unknown said...

Dolores,
I was thinking about you all day. I had a feeling, and when I stopped by my heart sunk. I am so sorry, you were David's angel on earth escorting him through the most difficult chapter of both of your lives. Now he is singing up in heaven with the angels. Jesus surely applauded David as he entered heaven.

I will pray that God comfort you in your time of grief. You are my hero.

Karen

Tweedles -- that's me said...

He is free and tonight he is singing with the angels as they say "welcome home".
love
tweedles

Stacey said...

Dolores, my heart is so sad for you right now! I can't help but shed tears, but i'm so happy for David! So thankful he's whole again in mind and body! God truly is good! NO MORE ALZHEIMERS!! Amen, what a blessing! You, my sweet friend are and will be in my thoughts and prayers! I pray that you have the comfort and joy of knowing you were the most amazing, loving, caring wife and friend to David up to the very end! You have truly been a blessing, not only to him, but to your family, and also to each of us who you have graciously shared your heart with. Thank you for being so gracious and such a wonderful example of strength and courage and trust and love! God bless you! Praying.....
Hugs!!!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

My deepest condoleces for you lovely and dear lady and for your children and grandchildren in this painful and sad times for you all, even though you know your dearest David is with Jesus and the angels. I am sad and crying along with you tonight, this minute after reading the news, it's like he has gone like an angel, so sweetly and without any noise, just peacefully, because David's sole was already next to Jesus a long time ago! I will pray for his family, as that's what he would like us to do. I just got here to my daughter's house after a 4 hour trip, but had such a feeling about David today and I wasn't wrong. Thank you for always making us part of your life, I feel very special and I'm next to you, my sweet, sweet friend. Big hugs,
FABBY

A Woman that Fears the Lord said...

Oh dear friend! I am so very sorry. So very sorry. Oh how I pray that the God of all comfort will comfort you in the coming days in only the way that His Holy Spirit can. God bless you!

Duke said...

We are so very sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Lydia La La said...

Thinking of you in your time of grief and deep sadness. Keep strong and lean on your family for support. Take care.

Gilda Spitz said...

Dear Dolores, please accept my sincere and heartfelt condolences on the loss of your beloved David.

Love
Gilda

Shelley said...

Dearheart, it's been a pleasure having been introduced to David. A strong, loving, family man who has been charished by his wife. What a testiment to the person you are. God Himself stopped me during my day yesterday to tell me I needed to pray for you 'now', so I stopped right where I was. I have been thinking of you and praying since I read your earlier post, but this was direct and immediate. God does that sometimes. I shall continue to think of you and ask that He keep his loving arms around you and your heart. Take care of YOU Dearheart and may God continue to bless you.

Melanie said...

Dolores, my thoughts and prayers remain with you and your family. I am so deeply sorry for your loss, but rejoice that David is now free from this disease and is able to be reunited with loved ones and walk with Jesus. Please know that you and your family will continue to be lifted up in prayer, you remain in my thoughts. Big hugs!!!! Melanie

Joy said...

When my mother died and was no longer suffering from the issues of Alzheimers, I was sad but also praising God that she was now at last with the Lord and free from all contraints. She could sing! She could talk! She could laugh! We love them and miss them, but we are so thankful that they no longer suffer. Earth's loss, Heaven's gain. Praise God!

Mary said...

Dolores, you and your family are in my prayers. God has trained a wonderful caregiver in you and I'm sure he will use your talents to glorify Him in the future. May God give you strength and peace in the coming days.

Anonymous said...

You and your family are in my prayers. I am sad for your loss but rejoicing in that he is now with Jesus . . . You have been, and are, such an example of a Godly wife . . . I can only hope that if I walk in your shoes in the future, I handle it with the same strength and love. I hope you continue sharing with us through your blog . . . sending prayers knowing that you feel His arms wrapped around you at this time. A follower of yours in Puyallup, WA.

Mary Lou said...

I am sorry for your loss. However, you have not really lost someone, for you know where he is and he can be found. He is standing tall and whole and smiling and laughing and praising the Lord Jesus.

We are total strangers, but I do know that you are hurting and my heart hurts for that fact, but I also know Who holds your hand and His comfort will far surpass anything anyone here on earth can say. There really are NO words, just hugs and empathy and prayers that God will hold you close and speak peace and comfort to you in the days to come.

Betty said...

I just signed on to Blogger to check on you. I really don't know what to say. I remember when my Dad passed I thought it was a little strange when people said they were sorry because I didn't feel that way. I was relieved that the long ordeal was over for him. I had already missed him for a long time because that's what happened for me when his personality disappeared. You might have similar feelings. I hope that knowing David is in a much better place will help comfort you. David was very special. He knew how to choose a very loving, supportive, and dedicated wife. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Debbie's Garden said...

I know you have mixed emotions. When Alzheimers finally takes your loved one of course your sad, but some of your tears are tears of joy his horrible battle is over. Yes the roller coaster of these emotions will last a while. Glad his battle is over, miss him so much. You'll questions if you did enough, but still know that you did all you could when you could.
This news of your sweet David sure picks a scab in my still healing heart too. Love and prayer.

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry for your loss and the loss for your children and grandchildren....but you are right I am sure he is with God..

xinex said...

Our deepest sympathy, Dolores, and continued prayers for you all. I hope he went peacefully cause I prayed for that also.....Christine

Nancy said...

I'm so sorry.

I love how you have written about your journey and shared your photos with us so that we could feel like we knew David too. Because of that I feel sadness and yet relief that he is no longer with the awful disease.

You've honored him so well in your caring for him.

Thank you for allowing us to journey with you.

Hugs,
Nancy

KathyB. said...

Thank-you so much for sharing this difficult journey of yours & David's.I have no more words, only prayers for you and your family as you continue on this earthly journey until you meet up with David in eternity with Jesus.

Jenny's Place Online said...

Dolores, special thoughts to you and your family. I can't think of the right words to say more, so will leave it at that. Jenny x

Pye said...

Thank you for sharing your journey. God bless.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to read of your lose. I found your blog through your daughter's blog when we were waiting to travel to China to adopt our second daughter. Your blog has been an inspiration for me - a reminder to stop for a moment and take in all that is around you and to especially love the people in your life....and to tell them you love them often and always. Thank you and God bless.

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Dolores, you and your family are now in my prayers. I am so sorry for your loss. THANK YOU for sharing David with all of us for these years. Again, I am so sorry. XOXO

Melanie said...

Dolores, you were on my mind this morning. You remain in my prayers.

H said...

Dolores,

Just wanted to let you know we are thinking about you and wrapping you in prayer.

Heather

romance-of-roses said...

My Dearest Dolores,
I am in tears typing you these words, Rick and I are truly sorry for your loss of your beloved David. You have our deepest sympathy. During this time that I have known you, you have become dear to my heart and I feel for you from the heart. Rick would ask me how is David, have you heard from your friend Dolores? I would tell him whatever you wrote on your blog or would sometimes even read it to him. Rest in Peace our dear friend David, you are now with the Lord and no more Alzheimer's. Prayers and Love, Lu

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

So sorry I missed this post...but my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family ... let the healing begin now friend. Sending hugs.

Anonymous said...

Dear Deloris,
I stumbled upon your Blog quite some time ago, and would read from time to time. I've thought of you and your husband David and ahve lifted you both in prayer. Tonight I decided to check in and see how David has been. I first felt very sad for you and your family to see that David has passed, BUT then a happy feeling came upon me. Davids suffering is over and he is now at peace. Thanks be to God! May your precious memories be a great comfort to you and your family. You will remain in my prayers Deloris. God Bless you!! Remember, this is not a Goodbye, it is a separation until you join David in God's Heaven. God's peace be with you♥
~ Lorie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...