I Believe...

"LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WEATHERING THE STORM, ...IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN"

Friday, May 3, 2013

***************ANNIVERSARIES*************


May the 5, 2013 is the 'anniversary' date of 7 months... when David left this world and went to spend eternity with God and our families who've already passed.  
 
It's still hard for me to believe that  7 months have passed.  Actually,  it feels much longer than 7 months!     However, I celebrate the fact that my sweet David doesn't have Alzheimer's any longer.....

Another anniversary date:
 May 24th would be our 50th wedding anniversary.

I'll be busy on that day with our son and his sixth graders ...doing math work in San Antonio.   I know being busy with my family will help me from feeling so sad.
 
I have so much to be thankful for!     We had so many good years together.... even the years with Alzheimer's... they were interesting and different.

God is good and I am  blessed!

And... oh how I love the smile on my sweet David's face..... I miss him so much!!!

26 comments:

Deb said...

50 years....I know that will be a bitter sweet day...so happy you will be with family....

Chatty Crone said...

Well I still feel you are married for 50 years - I think that is a wonderful accomplishment! A great love story. Hugs. sandie

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh honey, you have such love for David that has created such a bond that I even feel he'll be so close to you on your 50th. Anniversary...you will feel his warmth and presence, I bet! I'm glad you'll be with your son, busy and having fun with the kids. Pictures are the best memory and you have the loveliest ones of dear David. Yes, you are very blessed, as there are so many people that have never experienced a happy and lovable marriage...I even know some! Thanks for dropping by to see my first 5 de Mayo Mexican tablescape. I mean it, I never heard of it, except for you bloggers!! Growing up in NY in those days there was no fast Mexican food, or anything from Mex. there. There were many Puerto Ricans and Cubans fleeying Communist Cuba. Italian was NY's mood at that time, food and restaurants. I guess it's because Mexicans stayed by the border states and went in and out of the USA, as than they had no problems what's so ever, as they do now! Have a wonderful weekend.
Love,
Fabby

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh, by the way, there were hardly much South Americans, either! We were very scarse they couldn't believe my background was Ecuadorian and didn't even know where it was and many times we just said..Spanish, when asked and I guess it meant everyone from Latin America, not from Spain..funny, ha! Now they call us Hispanic, which is the right word for Hispanic Americans. Spanish are people from Spain, lol..
Fabby

xinex said...

50 years! That means you had 49 wonderful years with David, Dolores, although I know he is still with you in spirit. Not many couple have that so you are indeed lucky. Enjoy the kids and your son in San Antonio....Christine

Susannah said...

Hello sweet Dolores, We miss David, too. I am glad that you talk about him and help those who are new to your blog find out what a great and gentle man he was. 50 years. That is long time but it goes by so quickly. Jim and I were married 48 years on May Day of this past week. Does not seem possible. I pray for you Dolores and ask God to be with you and to help keep your spirits up.

Susannah

A Woman that Fears the Lord said...

Dear friend... you bring such glory to your God in the midst of your grief and pain because you are resting in His sovereign hand. I am learning much from you!

Carol Noren Johnson said...

When I was a widow, those anniversaries were definitely something I had to deal with.

Now as an Alzheimer's caregiver/lovegiver for my current husband, I try to think about the present, even as hubby enjoys the moments of life. The present is a present we give to ourselves and our loved ones. That day of anniversaries is coming for me I know.

Hugs and prayers,
Carol

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi darling, the years of magic you all shared is such a gift, it doesn't detour away from the fact this is such an ugly disease. You are truly blessed to know he is no longer suffering, it is so hard to watch. Each day a little sadder than the one before. My only wish is they could find a cure. Being a caregiver is hard, very hard. Harder than anyone can possibly know, they say they understand, they don't. Unless they walk a step in your shoes there is no way of knowing. Dark days are more there more than light ones. As I look at today and wonder how I can possibly get through another one, I think of you and the grace and the knowledge you've shared. I'm so glad you have family to turn to, that in itself is a gift. I think of you daily, many many hugs on these special dates, know I'm sending cyber hugs your way. fondly ~lynne~

Donna said...

Oh wow sweet friend! Long time!
David looks like he was SO tickled by something in that photo! Love his smile too....
Enjoy your time in San Antonio Girl!
And don't let all those kiddies run you ragged...Or, maybe you Should!Hahaa...You're braver than ME!Hahaaa
hughugs

Anonymous said...

Oh what wonderful memories you have to reflect back on. I know you miss David very much. It's good to stay busy though. Hugs to you.
~Laura

Happy@Home said...

Dolores,
I read this post earlier and was at such a loss as to a comment. You have such a good outlook on life and a strong faith which I'm sure are helpful to you through the process of grieving. However, I know that these anniversaries have to be painful for you. My heart goes out to you and a virtual hug is flying from NC to TX just for you.
Although I have not met you in real life, I feel that through your blog I have learned about the special person that David was and the beautiful marriage you both shared.
I am glad to know that you will be with family on May 24th.
XO,
Kim

Mary said...

Dolores, you are in my thoughts and prayers. June 3 would have been our 35th anniversary. My darling Jim was gone one year on April 21. Like you, it doesn't seem possible and yet it seems like forever. Feelings and emotions seem to just happen and catch us when we least expect them. We can be thankful we had very happy marriages with wonderful memories.....Take care dear friend. Mary

Anonymous said...

Dolores Dear
I am glad you will be with your son and Grandchildren.

You had 49 years with David as some have said the disease is terrible. One of my hubbys friends he knows. He had to put his daughter in a home and she is 40. She has had it for many,many years but it was to the end and she would leave home and get loss and things got right out of hand. They hated to do it but she needed the care much more that him and his wife could do professionally but they go see her ever day and she looks forward to the cup of coffee her dad brings. Father is taking real bad he feels the guilt but he really did not have any choice. We all in the town know her dearly his daughter. She has adjusted well and is hapy, happy so he now is seeing it is true.

Yes many people never make 35 years of marriage or 50. My hubby and I made 51. So only the Lord knows how each couple will stay together on earth with each other or part to him. . So what comes our ways it blessings and what the Lord takes away we have know say as our lives are his.So the memories are all we have. My Mom had alzhimers. Memories are golden.

Unknown said...

I'll be thinking of you, as always, my sweet friend, knowing how that sadness feels. I'm walking in your shoes, in a sense, so do understand where you're coming from. I'm so happy to know that like me you have such wonderful memories; mine have helped me make it through each day. I think of you often, will pray for you always.
Hugs and much love.

KathyB. said...

50 years! Wow.

5 decades of true love. Not the Hollywood or story-book kind, but the real kind of love that lasted through all life could throw at you and then even Alzheimers. Congratulations Dolores ! Even though this is a sad time, it is a reminder of the many good times and the love you and David had for each other. A blessing for me to have been able to read about in your darkest times. Thank-you.

Melanie said...

Hugs Dolores!! That is how I have chosen to look at it, it is not an anniversary of death, but one of being free from the Alz beast! I miss Daddy, but rejoice that he no longer suffers. God is still good!!

ain't for city gals said...

My parents anniversary is May 22nd...it would be 63 years or I should say it will be 63 years even with the passing of my dad almost two years ago. I send my mom a card and we go out to lunch because you know what..it is STILL your anniversary no matter that David is not physically with you...maybe not this year but next year I hope you will be able to celebrate...find some happy music..clap your hands...smile...as I so fondly remember David doing.

ain't for city gals said...

My parents anniversary is May 22nd...it would be 63 years or I should say it will be 63 years even with the passing of my dad almost two years ago. I send my mom a card and we go out to lunch because you know what..it is STILL your anniversary no matter that David is not physically with you...maybe not this year but next year I hope you will be able to celebrate...find some happy music..clap your hands...smile...as I so fondly remember David doing.

Decadent Housewife said...

Thank you for posting that wonderful photo of you two. The love is palpable.

Decadent Housewife said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda Born said...

That 50th anniversary--so bittersweet--you are wise to arrange activities with family that day. I'm saying a prayer for you right now, thanks for sharing the sweet photos.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Thinking of you today, my sweet lady and wishing you a wonderful Mother's Day, along with your beautiful family! Love and blessings.
FABBY

Joy said...

Delores, you were an excellent wife and you are an excellent woman. Have a wonderful week!

Unknown said...

Hi Dolores,

I am so glad that you kept this beautiful journal blog. It must be so wonderful for you to browse and remember. Memorizing the days and being thankful for all the time we have with our loved ones is the most important thing in the world.

You have created a lovely place here not only for you, but for all of us to relive each magical memory.

Have a beautiful week.

Karen

Jenny Woolf said...

Your blog is brave and positive, thank you for writing it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...