I Believe...

"LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WEATHERING THE STORM, ...IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN"

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

SUMMER = GRANDCHILDREN

I'm doing my best to live one day at a time ..... not an easy thing to do for anyone. The symptoms of Alzheimer's seem to always be lurking, and it's hard not to worry about the changes taking place in David. I do a pretty good job during the day, but when my head hits the pillow at night, that's when the worry starts.
However, right now, David is still doing well......and I'm so thankful!
Summer has arrived, and it's time for the grandchildren to come and spend a few days or a week (their choice) at our house. We've always tried to have one child at a time, so they can be #1, and be thoroughly spoiled by their Pope and Mome.
Ellie will be the first of the children to come for a visit. She's eight years old, sweet/funny, very smart and a wonderful artist.

When I ask David how he felt about having the children come for summer visits, he said ..... "Great"........
David has been such a great 'Pope'..... playing and interacting with the children. Having tea parties, playing in the pool, but....... the last couple of years have been 'a little different'......, it seems like he has a hard time pretending and playing. I bought bracelet kits a few weeks ago, and we'll see if he and Ellie can make some bracelets together. I know they'll have fun splashing and swimming in the pool!

And I say, "thank you God for old memories, children and new memories."

4 comments:

Karen said...

The kids love making memories with you and dad! Their are very blessed to have y'all!

Ellie can't wait to visit... she is beyond excited and counting down the days!

As always, love all the pictures! Can't wait to see pictures from Ellie's visit next week :-)

Karen said...

oops that should say "they" are very blessed instead of "their".

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

What a wonderful gift our grandchildren are. I know Bill always seems to have better days when the grandson is here. Thanks so much for swinging by and leaving such wonderful kind words.
hugs ~lynne~

Tomarie said...

Awwwwwww...these pictures are so cute! I especially love the one where Uncle David is having a tea party and Ellie is laughing...how wonderful!! :-)
Love ya! L~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...