I Believe...

"LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WEATHERING THE STORM, ...IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN"

Thursday, September 17, 2009

FINDING LAUGHTER

David and his first car
David has been upset in the evenings, because of the programming on TV. With all the shows available on cable, I haven't found anything that he wants to watch. He's had a couple of melt downs because he says the choices on evening TV are so awful (I agree). I also think he's having difficulty following the stories.

David and his mother

Yesterday I went to the store and bought two old funny slap stick movies, which he loved watching last night. I loved hearing him laugh! Our daughter suggested Netflix, so I ordered All In the Family, Red Skelton, HeeHaw and Carol Burnett. He loved these TV shows many moons ago, and I think he'll enjoy seeing them again. No complicated or violent stories, just laughter!

And I say, "thank you God for laughter."

P.S. - Our son in law, grandson, and Cassandra Grace are in the air right now, and will arrive in Houston around midnight. I pray for their safe travel......

4 comments:

Susannah said...

Hi Dolores...Look at that Chevy! I'm sure David was very proud of it!

Netflix is a great idea ....lots to choose from. We belong to something similar to that. We really do enjoy it.

I have you and your family in my prayers. Cassandra Grace is coming to a wonderful family.

Friends,
Susannah

karen said...

Your family is in my prayers. And that is a wonderful picture.
Being hard to handle at night is normal . I am sure you know that.It is called sundowners I think. Mom starts talking up a storm at night. Bugs us to death. But I like it better than when she just sits and stairs . If not for her bedtime meds. she would talk all night. Good luck and watch some great old movies. I love those.
http://alzheimersandmomblog.blogspot.com/

Happy@Home said...

I think your Netflix shows sound like a great idea. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that David will enjoy these TV shows. I hope your family members had a safe trip. Congratulations on your new granddaughter.

Hugs,
Kim

Tomarie said...

I love the pic of David with that car! What a classic! :-)
What a great idea to join Netflex and take control of what you have to watch!
I'm hoping Cassandra and family are safe at home now!! :-)
Love you!
L~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...