I Believe...

"LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WEATHERING THE STORM, ...IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN"

Monday, September 28, 2009

Patients Party Through the Night - ABC News

Last week I saw a wonderful segment on Good Morning America, titled Alzheimer's Patients Party Through the Night - ABC News -
The segment was about a program at the Hebrew Home for the aged in Riverdale, New York,  for people with dementia and Alzheimer's.
Click the link below to read:

This program sounds so positive and uplifting for the person with dementia and for the caretaker. Cheaper than a nursing home, and covered by Medicare and Medicaid.    
I hope and pray that  programs like this will spread throughout the country.

And I say, "thank you God for uplifting stories like this one."

9 comments:

karen said...

Oh I wish we had that here. Thanks for the info.

Helen said...

Oh, we certainly took advantage of 'day care' earlier in Mother's journey ... but 'night care' ~ what a truly innovative concept! AND yes it should be implemented throughout our country. In thinking about the memory care facility Mother lived in for the last two years of her life, there were many residents who would have enjoyed this. Unfortunately the staffing over night is so spare, it just isn't possible. Things need to change!

Debbie said...

This takes me back to the nights with my mom when everyone was wore out and wanted to sleep but her. I was afraid that she would get out and wander away. She did once. I guess this would be a big help to a lot of people.
Dolores, thanks for your comment on my blog. You know, fresh apples have a different taste and texture from the ones you get in a store. They are much juicier and crunchier:)
toodles, Deb

Rebecca Nelson said...

Delores...

I'm soooo honored you visited my friend. My daddy has Alzheimer's/Dementia and every day seems to lose a little bit more of himself. It's been such a tough journey so far. I miss him the way he was and long for a glimpse of the man I knew.

My daddy is a retired minister. Still believes he actively preaches. He remembers me and my children...but...he doesn't know my sister, Jenny, as a adult. Instead he believes her to be tiny and that all of us children are still at home.

Anyway...I just wanted to stop in. I'll visit again soon, OK? What a blessing to read of someone traveling my very same path.

Love to you~Rebecca

Rebecca Nelson said...

PS: I forgot to say my daddy is originally from Conroe. Texas was the love of his life...he never got over moving away. Someday I hope to take him back there....

xoRebecca

Rita Loca said...

What an inspirational blog. I am so happy you visited mine and became a follower. Please visit often.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Delores! I am glad you enjoyed my pics. :) Thanks for the visit!

I wish there were more programs like this too! More care is needed desperately!

I love the pics of David and your dog! :) David looks so content! :)

HUGS,
Donna Marie

Rebecca Nelson said...

Delores...I read through much of your postings this morning and tears are streaming down my face. This could be the life of my mother and us children...only my father is very ill physically as well.

The Monster in my Father's Brain (that is what my sister Jenny named it) is getting worse. It is all so frightening. I'm so afraid this will be me one day (all his siblings had the Monster, too)...so I know it runs in our family. My hubby is like your's...a Math whiz...technical and so loving. I then fear the Monster will attack him.

These days I trust with all my heart the God who made us all. It is my only way surviving such a terrible storm. I know His grace is enough...and so I work through my humanity to believe He alone is enough.

I'll be back again to read more as time permits...

Blessings and love~Rebecca

Tomarie said...

WOW! What an awsome and CARING program! I hope and pray programs such as this will take off around the country! A service to those afflicted and to those caring for them!

Hope you're having a great weekend! The weather has been wonderful here this week...

I love you!!
L~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...