Last week was a good week for David, .....for now....... he's doing well during the night and day. Many times he laughs because he's seeing funny things; I'm so thankful that his visions are happy ones. Saturday was the first time he couldn't remember who called for me on the telephone when I was away from home. He tried and tried to remember what the message was, and who called, but he said his mind was blank, and it really upset him. I tried to reassure him, with no success, telling him we all have times when we can't remember .....and that's the truth.
6 comments:
Amen! I read always-in-myheart. I am so glad they came to this decision, brave and honest.
God is good. Glad to hear David is doing okay, I will blog some about Papa this week.
Thank you God for the good days and the guidance to make good choices.
I am so proud of the courage of your daughter and son-in-law to give a loving home to children who so desperately need it. And, Also I'm so proud that they think beyond their own desires and plans so that they may move forward to allow a better environment for .... I knew I'd forget her name. Sorry.
When the good Lord was passing out the ability to remember names I must have been hiding under the bed or something.
Glad David is doing well. As Christmas approaches I just pray for sweet memories and gentle love for you and he (and for me and Elbert as well).
Before I run over to visit your daughter's blog I just wanted to say I smiled when I read you like fruit cake cookies ~~~ no one else in my family does but I have friends who do! I have had more than a few already myself ....
Hi, I popped over here from Always in My Heart, which I've followed for quite a while. What a beautiful family. My daughter and I will be praying for them as Elaine gets settled in her new home.
My grandfather has Alzheimer's and his care is becoming too much for my grandma. (They're elderly at 88 and 85 yrs old) As I look for ways to help them in the stage of life, I find comfort in God and in the words of others who are going through this with their loved ones. Thanks for sharing your experiences. It's very helpful to read another's perspective.
I am hopeful and prayerful that Elaine continues to flourish in her new home and that Karen and John find comfort in their decision. I know it had to have been a difficult decision to make.
What a blessing...an amazing gift from the Most High. God does answer all our prayers...so much better than we can even dream.
Thinking of you...continuing to pray for mercy, grace and healing.
Love, Rebecca
Post a Comment