I love David, Casey, our home, and .....here's my new love, a new car; her name is Hildagard. The 47 years of our marriage we've driven a Ford, Chevrolet, Buick, Oldsmobile, Volkswagen, Cadillac, Honda and for the past three or four cars we've driven a Toyota Camry. My favorite of all our cars was the Cadillac and the Camry. Our Camry wasn't on the recall list, so that wasn't the entire reason for buying a new car; it was time for a new car.
I did a lot of on-line research and comparison of cars, and we (I) settled on a Hyundai Sonata. It looks and drives very similar to our Camry, but cheaper in price, which was a good thing.
It has heated seats, which I thought silly, that is until I turned on the heat, and felt the heat on my 'behind'......I didn't think I wanted or needed XM radio either, that is until I listened, and I love it....
I've been pondering the idea of David, Casey and me getting in the car and going somewhere in the spring, but I was concerned
about our old car. With Hildagard, we should be 'good to go' come spring.
And I say, "thank you God for three weeks of David doing so well and happy times."

18 comments:
The car is lovely good for you !!
Happy trails to you !!!!
Diane
PS Her surgery is over ..wasen't easy, that night she woke up wondering why she was in pain she could not remember she had surgery, then was angry at us because of the pain.Almost a week later she is up and feeling better.It was a long week I am tired.
Oh Boy .. can I relate! My VW has heated seats and after almost ten years they still work! Pretty car!
My daughter has a Sonata and loves it. We drive a Hyundai, too! LOVE IT!
I'm happy for you. I'd like to trade our SUV off for a new one but Mr. AGPMan (also known as "I watch every penny" said NO! :(
xoRebecca
Dolores, Hi my friend. Your new car is beautiful. I presently drive a truck and it's getting increasingly harder for Mr. P to get in and out. Not sure what I'm going to do. There is just "no" money in the till for the luxury of something new. So, I pray this one holds up. This past week was pretty tough on him. 3 tests and a small surgery back to back.. they had to do them quickly and close together, due to his cumadin. No results until late Monday or Tuesday. Needless to say I'm scared to death. We sure don't need one more illness to deal with. Friday waiting for them to take him back, he didn't even know his youngest son.. I'm glad it happened, his children have been in denial for quite a while. I'm so glad to hear David is having good times, that means you are too! I pray those continue for you... many many hugs my friend.. ~lynne~
Great to hear of 3 goo0d weeks. Great car.
Great looking car. Hope it drives for fun and pleasure!
I am glad to hear David is doing so great! Three weeks is a long time! for a consistent mood.
I don't know who is cuter, Casey or David with the beard. :D
Hugs to you all, and Thanks be to God.
Love the car~ You made me chuckle....with the name of your car! I so needed that...so thank you dear friend. I have to tell the kids~ they thought we were the only ones to name our car. Keeping you in prayer.
Dolores,
It is always exciting to get a new car. Now your dreams of taking a trip can be done without worry. Isn't God good to meet our needs and, many times, even our wants.
I am rejoicing over David's continued progress. To be so well for these past three weeks just thrills me. I am praying it will continue.
You have no idea what a blessing you are to me, my dear. Your faith, courage and love inspire me on a daily basis.
Blessings to you and David today.
In Grace,
Marie
Congrats and best of luck with the new car! My in-laws drive Hyundais and they love them. Heated seats are wonderful aren't they? I adore mine!
Karla
I've not really commented before, but I faithfully read your inspiring posts. It is evident that God is at the center of your lives and that He is your strength. You are a blessing and an inspiration to all who read your blog. Blessings on your day and this week. May things stay the course for a while longer.
Hey Dolores - Three weeks of "GOOD". I'm thankful, too!
Congrats on your new car! It's very pretty. I have an '05 Camry which I got from my MIL when she went into the nursing home (she hasn't driven in several years tho). It only had about 15,000 miles on it. I'm worried a little about the recall altho this year model 05 was not on the recall list. So, I'm anxious to get something else, altho I really can't justify it right now!
I'm with you - those are ALL important things to us, Family being first! Take care!
HI...three weeks of good...I totally get that! It is wonderful to love our families, our kids, our pets, our home...we sometimes take that for granted. Love your posts.
Found you by way of Much to Do with Nothing. Your blog is very touching and you and your husband look like a wonderful couple. Thanks for sharing your journey.
Sweet new wheels:)
Heated seats and XM radio. Ahhhhhhhhhh! I could use those heated seats right now. BRRR!
Sue
suescoggins.com/blog/
Good idea on the car... I know the feeling of taking off in an 'iffy' car---not good! Especially a woman, I think, needs a dependable and reliable car. You will be able to travel without worry.
LOL! Hildagard looks beautiful!! And I am so jealous of your heated seats! :-) L~
Post a Comment