"LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WEATHERING THE STORM, ...IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN"
Friday, April 9, 2010
MY BIRTHDAY WAS A GOOD DAY!
Yesterday was my 69th birthday....Yea! David has been so happy and talkative all week, this was the best birthday present I could receive!
We went to a seafood restaurant for lunch (his choice), and it was a good choice. He had salmon, which doesn't require a knife, and that's always good.
Tonight our best friends will take us to Olive Garden. David will order eggplant parmigiana, and he won't need a knife....yea. Alzheimer's changes many things, but I'm so grateful that he still enjoys getting out.
Today we went for a ride in the country; It was so neat to hear David oooohing and aaaaahing as he marveled at the beauty that God has bestowed on us. The wildflowers in our area are prettier than I remember in my lifetime......now that's a long time!
Each day is a gift, and I say, "thank you God."
P.S......... As the clock ticks, so does Alzheimer's.....always changing. We aren't going to Olive Garden tonight. David has suddenly changed into a brooding/bad mood, he said he didn't want to go anywhere. The clock continues to tick, and tomorrow will be a new day.
Every good moment counts and we do learn to treasure them don't we?
Sorry you won't be going out to David's favorite spot for dinner, but as you say the clock ticks on and on. Hoping tomorrow will be brighter and How about a shot of those wildflowers? I know you have the most beautiful bluebells and Indian paint brush, and what else? You and David remain in my thoughts and prayers, hugs, Judi
Happy Birthday Delores! Glad David had a good week and was so talkative and happy. Seafood sounds wonderful! I love going for long drives with hubby. We do that a couple of times a year. It is nice. Prayers that David's mood brightens soon. Many blessings and hugs to you both, Karen
Belated Happy Birthday, Dolores! I am so happy to hear that you had a great and wonderful day and that David had a great day too. So sorry his mood changed for tonight but let's focus on the good things which outweighs the bad for sure....Christine
Happy Birthday ! Our Bdays are not too far apart ! Reading your blog I was happy for you,its all about the little things. My MIL dosen't use utensils much either she prefers to use her hands to eat,tonight she thought I forgot her fork , it was on the other side of her plate as she approaches it >>as usual<<,she ran into the kitchen to get herself a fork,then used her hands ... we were having spaghetti. Hubby and I hardly ever go out together for dinner,if we do it has to be quick to get back home and see what she has done while we were gone. It is amaizing to see how fast the moods change,I just wish it wouldn't rob them of their personality that's the part that hurts the most,not little things like eating out. Happy Birthday dear friend! Diane
Just seize the moments, Dolores, like the others said. I'm glad you DID have a great birthday lunch - Happy Birthday. Maybe you can do Olive Garden another evening. I know your friends understand! Hope tomorrow's a better day! Big hug!
Happy Birthday wishes from Iowa! I hope you had a special day. God wants me to tell you you are one of His favorite kids! He loves you so and danced the day you were born. :)
PS I love the picture of Little Girl Delores. What a cutie.
Happy Birthday belatedly! It is good to read of the good moments and your attitude of thankfulness throughout. 69 ?!? You are very definitely a young 69 years old, what is your beauty and youth secret?
What a week for birthdays...mine too this past week. I'm glad you had a lovely lunch. Unfortunately events can take their toll on loved ones with Alzheimers and Dementia, and their moods can sometimes be topsy-turvy. Fortunately your birthday lunch was a happy occasion....remember the happy times....they will hopefully out-weigh the not-so-happy times. Belated birthday wishes, Jenny
You still have the same facial features you had as a young woman ~ and they are classic, lovely! I know somewhere deep inside David, he didn't want to disappoint you on your birthday .. but you managed it so well. Bravo! My 69th is coming this Fall and I love that we share birth years! Love it!
Hi HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! I came to visit via Donna's Bear Hug Waltz and the Ultimate Blog Party 2010. So nice to "meet" you. I enjoyed visiting and loved your wonderful words of encouragement as you are dealing with your husband's Alzheimer's Disease! I was especially blessed by "If we always stayed on the mountain top And never experienced pain, We would never appreciate God's love And would be living in vain." That is so true!
Happy Belated B.D., Delores! Hope you had a great day! Your replacement for your bottle brush bush has inspired me to think about what I will do with my flower bed this year. God bless you and David.
Belated happy birthday wishes. April is a good month, my sister, older son, was Dad's and a good friend's - and yours. Glad you had the one good outing - you are both in my thoughts, as always.
Happiest of birthdays to you Dolores! Wonderful that you had a good day. Sorry to hear Olive Garden didn't work out. I hope you are able to reschedule and that David is doing better. Hugs, Karla
Belated birthday wishes to you Dolores. It made me feel so happy to read that David was happy and you were able to enjoy a nice dinner out. The drive to see the beautiful wildfowers sounds wonderful. I am sorry that your Olive Garden plans had to change. Darn that Alzheimer's :(.
17 comments:
Happy Birthed Day, Delores!!
Every good moment counts and we do learn to treasure them don't we?
Sorry you won't be going out to David's favorite spot for dinner, but as you say the clock ticks on and on.
Hoping tomorrow will be brighter and How about a shot of those wildflowers? I know you have the most beautiful bluebells and Indian paint brush, and what else?
You and David remain in my thoughts and prayers,
hugs,
Judi
Happy Birthday Delores! Glad David had a good week and was so talkative and happy. Seafood sounds wonderful! I love going for long drives with hubby. We do that a couple of times a year. It is nice. Prayers that David's mood brightens soon. Many blessings and hugs to you both, Karen
Belated Happy Birthday, Dolores! I am so happy to hear that you had a great and wonderful day and that David had a great day too. So sorry his mood changed for tonight but let's focus on the good things which outweighs the bad for sure....Christine
Happy Birthday !
Our Bdays are not too far apart !
Reading your blog I was happy for you,its all about the little things.
My MIL dosen't use utensils much either she prefers to use her hands to eat,tonight she thought I forgot her fork , it was on the other side of her plate as she approaches it >>as usual<<,she ran into the kitchen to get herself a fork,then used her hands ... we were having spaghetti.
Hubby and I hardly ever go out together for dinner,if we do it has to be quick to get back home and see what she has done while we were gone.
It is amaizing to see how fast the moods change,I just wish it wouldn't rob them of their personality that's the part that hurts the most,not little things like eating out.
Happy Birthday dear friend!
Diane
Happy Birthday!!
I know you will continue seizing the moments.
Just seize the moments, Dolores, like the others said. I'm glad you DID have a great birthday lunch - Happy Birthday. Maybe you can do Olive Garden another evening. I know your friends understand! Hope tomorrow's a better day! Big hug!
Delores:
Happy Birthday wishes from Iowa! I hope you had a special day. God wants me to tell you you are one of His favorite kids! He loves you so and danced the day you were born. :)
PS I love the picture of Little Girl Delores. What a cutie.
Happy Birthday belatedly! It is good to read of the good moments and your attitude of thankfulness throughout. 69 ?!? You are very definitely a young 69 years old, what is your beauty and youth secret?
What a week for birthdays...mine too this past week. I'm glad you had a lovely lunch. Unfortunately events can take their toll on loved ones with Alzheimers and Dementia, and their moods can sometimes be topsy-turvy. Fortunately your birthday lunch was a happy occasion....remember the happy times....they will hopefully out-weigh the not-so-happy times. Belated birthday wishes, Jenny
Happy Birthday, dear friend. Sure hope David's mood is back happy and talkative again really soon.
You still have the same facial features you had as a young woman ~ and they are classic, lovely! I know somewhere deep inside David, he didn't want to disappoint you on your birthday .. but you managed it so well. Bravo! My 69th is coming this Fall and I love that we share birth years! Love it!
Hi HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! I came to visit via Donna's Bear Hug Waltz and the Ultimate Blog Party 2010. So nice to "meet" you. I enjoyed visiting and loved your wonderful words of encouragement as you are dealing with your husband's Alzheimer's Disease! I was especially blessed by "If we always stayed on the mountain top
And never experienced pain, We would never appreciate God's love And would be living in vain." That is so true!
Have a blessed weekend! :)
awww, honey....big hug.
i'm glad you turned a healthy 69 and may i say you look MARVELOUS (said the way billy crystal used to say it)!
Happy Belated B.D., Delores! Hope you had a great day! Your replacement for your bottle brush bush has inspired me to think about what I will do with my flower bed this year. God bless you and David.
Belated happy birthday wishes. April is a good month, my sister, older son, was Dad's and a good friend's - and yours. Glad you had the one good outing - you are both in my thoughts, as always.
Happiest of birthdays to you Dolores! Wonderful that you had a good day. Sorry to hear Olive Garden didn't work out. I hope you are able to reschedule and that David is doing better.
Hugs,
Karla
Belated birthday wishes to you Dolores. It made me feel so happy to read that David was happy and you were able to enjoy a nice dinner out. The drive to see the beautiful wildfowers sounds wonderful.
I am sorry that your Olive Garden plans had to change. Darn that Alzheimer's :(.
The picture of you as a little girl is precious.
Post a Comment