David has been taking 10mg. of Aricept twice a day for 4 years; I've felt strongly the double dose has slowed his Alzheimer's. I was tickled today when I read this:
Eisai and Pfizer Announce FDA Approval for New Higher-Dose Aricept Tablet for the Treatment of Moderate to Severe Alzheimer’s Disease
14 comments:
and we say thank you God.
Wow good news !
Diane
Wow! I'll have to keep this in mind for my brother! Thanks for the update!
Woo hoo and hip hip hooray!Now upward and onward to even more effective meds for Alzheimers, SOON !
Hahahaa...I think THEY are Always the Last to know!!
Hope you two have a SWEET Sunday Girl!!
hughugs
Oh, that is wonderful news and just what you have been praying for....thank God.
Great news, Dolores! I'll be sure and let Tony know - I hope it'll help his mom, too!
That's good to hear that the Aricept has been helping David. Even better news you are reporting now.
Thank you so much for posting this - I'm calling our specialist today.
That's great news. When my mom was first diagnosed with Alzheimer's, that drug was suggested to my father, but he wouldn't let my mom have it--said it caused damage to the liver? Anyway, it's a long story, but he also wouldn't allow her to have pain relief nor physical therapy in the nursing home. All my brothers and I had to meet (I drove 250 miles) with the staff so that we could over-rule dad so mom could be given an aspirin. Can you believe it? I say the quality of life is what matters over the risk of any bodily damage. Glad David has been able to enjoy his life as much as possible.
I am so glad to hear this . Great News. Good Luck and God Bless.
dolores, double dose = double yay for more people!!
like your post below said, even if it gives families and individuals small miracles, it's so worth it.
hugs.
Praise God!
I am so happy for both you and David, Dolores. Hope it continues to work.
Post a Comment