I Believe...

"LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WEATHERING THE STORM, ...IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN"

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

An Anniversary of sorts.....

Today is the three year anniversary in hopefully our.....'forever home'.....
  The pictures below show our home and pool that we lived in before our 'forever home.'    It was too large for us.... we loved it,  and we had so many wonderful memories in this home, but ....... when David was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, we needed something with one level, less yard, smaller, less expense and responsibility ......
 I'm so thankful for our pictures ......

Thankfully,  we sold our home quickly.... we bought a lot,  and had our garden home built ....

It's amazing the difference in our little back yard in three years....
  Here it is today
Our pool looks absolutely awful in this picture three years ago
A big difference today
I'm happy to say, in three years,  I think the yard has changed more than David.    I worried as our home was being built,.....not knowing how fast the Alzheimer's would progress....I wanted him to enjoy and know his way around his new home.    I'm thrilled and so thankful that we've had three good years.......different at times,  but mostly good.

And I say, "thank you God for David's enjoyment (mine too) in our 'forever home.'

16 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow! Did you plant the garden? I've been in my house three years and nothing has grown that fast! I need your advice (what to plant and such!)

Thankfully David is enjoying your new home - and will continue to. Take some time to enjoy it yourself as well. You deserve it.

Vickie said...

Both of your homes are gorgeous, Dolores! I know you enjoyed your big home with the kids and grandkids, but your garden home does make so much more sense. You guys were so smart to make that move! You've done such a wonderful job with your back yard, the flowers, the fountain and pool. I pray that you both will enjoy it for many years to come! Have a wonderful week!

Vickie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol Noren Johnson said...

Dolores, you have done a great job in your yard. Inspiring! Has David helped with your yard?

Next week my husband will receive a formal diagnosis of what kind of dementia he has.

We have too much yard. My hubby still mows our yard on a mowing lawn mower, but we do have weeds. Hopefully when it is not so hot we can get those weeds. We do have a one story home, but too much yard.

Carol

Helen said...

Now this was a fun post !!!!!

Terynn said...

I really enjoyed seeing your 'before' house and 'after' house and your 'before and after' yard and pool pictures.

Your garden is so lush and pretty, I would have never guessed it bumped up to your fence. Pretty.

Glad for your home and the memories being made in it. Praying many more happy hours, inside and out, would be yours.

KathyB. said...

I always enjoy seeing how homes and gardens progress, and am very impressed with your new home and how quickly it has become a home and haven. Did you design the garden around the pool?Your home seems to be a real retreat, and so perfect for you both.Loved the first home too!

Shelley said...

This post is beautiful Dolores. I always enjoy visiting both of you in your garden home. I always feel so welcome. Thank you for sharing another great post with us.

Take care my friend.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful home! I can't believe how fast your shrubbery grew in only three years! It all looks so lovely and I bet your cat loves the little fountain, so cute!
Having a pool must be a wonderful benefit for you both. Your previous home was very lovely but oh, so large. A lot of work to maintain.
Glad you both love your new place.

karen said...

Your old house and pool was so pretty but your forever home is wonderful and I love what you have done to the garden . What a nice pool. David is all smiles. I think your forever home is where you two belong for sure.

xinex said...

Both houses are gorgeous, Dolores and you made houses a home and that is what is important. I love the pool and the garden....Christine

Donna said...

Wow! Your backyard IS small! Heavenly! I'm not keen on mowing!Hahaa
I Also wish we had a pool...looks Wonderful expecially in this heat...
Hope all is going well Darlin'...
hughugs

Joy said...

You had a beautiful home, and you have a beautiful home now! Your landscaping and greenery has really made your place so inviting and private. Sometimes it is hard to look back and see 'what was'. Life moves on and we are thankful for the blessings we do have.

Gilda Spitz said...

What lovely homes - both of them! I'm so glad to know that you and David live in such a beautiful place.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is...you make the world a more beautiful place...as your gardens and home show!!!!
Love you!! L~

JeanMac said...

just love the pictures - it's always nice to take them and look back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...