I had a day away on Saturday; it was a good day, and a nerve jangling day. I can't believe how stressed I was about leaving David at home. I've made this trips so many times in the past, but its been three years since I've driven to Houston. I was excited, nervous and scared. I left at 8am and arrived home at 5pm.... At the end of the day I was very proud of myself and exhausted.
David was familiar with the sweet lady that came to stay with him.... he was happy as a lark. I'm so blessed that he gets along with everyone. He doesn't feel that he's being 'baby-sat'.... he's just happy to have someone here.
The bridal shower was fun, but most of all it was so good to see and visit with our daughter and granddaughter! Now.... looking forward to the wedding on March 19th....
Today the lady came from the agency to fill out All the paperwork in order to have someone come and stay with David for 4 hours once a week. Goodness, I know it's necessary, but I answered a thousand questions and signed my name to a big stack of papers. However, I shouldn't complain...when David took out a long term insurance policy in 1993, I thought he was silly, now I'm so thankful that he was so wise to think ahead!
We met the lady today who will stay with David, and also do any chores that need to be done around the house, that's a real plus. David liked her and said she could come again. Now,.... for ME to adjust........
And I say, "thank you God for so many loving/caring/understanding people in our life."

25 comments:
I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!! Oh. Sorry. Didn't mean to YELL.
But, oh Delores!! You DID it. (squealing and clapping) :D :D :D :D
What a blessing to read about your outing. I'm sooo very happy for you.
I found out over the weekend that my father-in-law (who also has ALZ) is becoming mean and accusatory to my mother-in-law. He thinks people are hiding in his home and checks the closets 1000 times a day to make sure...
This of course is breaking my hubby's tender heart. It's also forcing him to have a long conversation with his momma...so a trip to Nebraska is slated for mid February.
ALZ is so hard on the family members who are well. May God have mercy on all of us.
Love to you beautiful lady~
Rebecca
I am so glad you got a chance to get away, Dolores. And good thing David is acceptable to the caretaker. It's nice that you get some help. Your photo together is lovely...Christine
How wonderful!!! I know you spent the day half having a good time and half expecting to go back to chaos! I'm so glad it worked out well.
AND the helper will do housework! I would call that HEAVEN!!
Last year we did a living trust,and did all the bank accounts, etc. I swore I never wanted to sign my name again!
I wish we lived closer so I could treat you to lunch! Oh well, you'll just have to take my virtual hugs and love anyway!
xxx
barbara
Baby steps dear friend ... next time will be easier.
I keep learning from you, Dolores, and know those decisions will be mine also one day for my husband. The picture of you and David here is so sweet.
Hugs and prayers,
Carol
That's a big step for you I am so happy for you ! I am happy that David is comfortable with this too that's important!
Diane
It will take a l.....ong time to get used to :) Best wishes, Jenny
You are doing an amazing job and hooray! So happy David likes his new friend.
Karla
You are God's gift to David. You deserve a few hours away. I am glad that David likes the new gal that is coming. That will make it much easier for you. It will be good for him, too. Thinking of you, Dolores.
Susannah
Dolores, I'm so happy to hear this news. Of all people, you deserve a break from time to time!
Love
Gilda
Hi Delores, I'm glad things went well for you and David. That's great he likes the lady who will stay.Have a great weekend.
good for you....you need that time away...you are very fortunate your husband likes others and is so nice...my FIL is not so nice...he constantly thinks we are stealing things from him...things that have been gone for years...
I am so happy for you, dear lady. And so thankful that David is so accepting of others around. You so need a break and I am glad you got to share in the joys of the bridal shower. You have been such a steadfast companion to David. I am sure that he would want you to go out and be with others and have some fun.
many, many hugs,
Latane
I am so proud of you! I know it will be an adjustment at first, but you will be so glad you did it! Love you! L~
Having help will be your saving grace. I watched my father-in-law wear himself, out caring for my mother-in-law by himself, for far too long. Your day out sounds like it was wonderful! Those days are important for you!
Girly...just had to come back by and tell you that I PRAY you get well fast. It took me 14 days to feel myself again and that alone almost put me back in bed.
Be well in Jesus' name!
Love to you~
Rebecca
This is very good news, and I am happy for you to be able to get some time away all the while knowing David will be fine.David's good nature is truly a blessing from God for both of you and I love the pictures of the two of you.My heart melts when I read this.
Sorry to be late again Girl!!!
I'll be SO glad when this week is over!
GOOD FOR YOU! You Did it! I Hate driving long distances by myself but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet!
Glad you got to get some sweet sugars from the family!
hughugs
So happy for you and david
Hi Dolores - let me add my happy-ness along with everyone else! I'm glad you're going to have some help so you can have some time for yourself. It'll help you BOTH! You deserve to be able to get out a little. So glad you got to go to Houston and have some family time! Praying for a blessed week for you and David!
People can be so terrific when you need help. I guess it's hard to let go sometimes, but it is good when I do.
I hope those four hours will be good medicine for you. Hugs to you, friend.
I don't think my comment worked...I am so glad you got some time away and enjoyed it. I am glad you will be able to do that periodically. Glad David enjoyed having company too.
Happy for you Delores!!!
it is such a blessing to have someone to share the weight of responsibility and also a blessing that david likes her!
bridal showers are always fun!
Post a Comment