David was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in October of 2005 (I was suspecting Alzheimer's in 2003).
I started my 'Moving Forward with Alzheimer's' blog in January of 2009.... I'm wishing I would have started it sooner...... but....oh well, I'm glad I started it when I did.............
(my sweet David and Casey, four years ago)
Writing my feelings, keeping track of the changes we're going through, looking at our pictures, and taking pictures..... has been very therapeutic for me!!
I started my 'Moving Forward with Alzheimer's' blog in January of 2009.... I'm wishing I would have started it sooner...... but....oh well, I'm glad I started it when I did.............
(my sweet David and Casey, four years ago)
Writing my feelings, keeping track of the changes we're going through, looking at our pictures, and taking pictures..... has been very therapeutic for me!!
My spirits have been lifted on many a day, by the comments of love and support I've received from people who read about our journey.
(David, our son and three grandsons 4 years ago).
Never ..... in my wildest dreams would I have imagined having friends all over the world reading about our journey and corresponding with me. What a blessing this has been to me!! Thank you!!!!
Never ..... in my wildest dreams would I have imagined having friends all over the world reading about our journey and corresponding with me. What a blessing this has been to me!! Thank you!!!!
Recently, I've been looking at pictures and reading some of the post I've written in the past. I wanted to see and compare what was happening now, this time last year..... or the year before..................sigh.



20 comments:
How precious are the pictures with Ellie.. Just look at the joy on her face. It is wonderful to have children and grandchildren to lift our spirits. This evening I received a call that my lovely daughter-in-law is in the hospital after her water broke at 27 weeks. They have three little ones at home so my son was unable to stay with her. The blessing is her parents will be at their house first thing in the morning so that Josh can head back in to the hospital. Hoping that the baby will stay put for as long as possible. God is good indeed and He watches over us all.
Oh my goodness .....those pictures should be under the definition of "Love"! Love you! Laura
Ohhh and David had me fooled, too. That's an award winning performance with the hot tea. It is wonderful to see the circles of caring within families. Your blog truly does show that, Dolores.
(I'm glad that you'll not beat yourself up over whether you started your blog in 2009 or 2006. If there are gaps, perhaps you can fill them in. For example, why did you suspect troubles in 2003?)
The pictures are so precious, Dorothy. David might be sick but his life with you is full of love and that is priceless....Christine
Oh sweetie, such lovely memories pictures bring...for everyone! They record our happy times, our not so happy ones and of course, our tragic and sad times as well, as no family is perfection, as this world we live in, it is not...but they're memories after all. The two pictures of your David and his adorable granddaughter have so much in common and that is they both show such huge love for each other, in whatever time, that has not changed at all, my darling.
Have a blessed Mother's Day with your daughter, son and adorable grands. Love,
FABBY
Hi darling, what a blessing to have these beautiful pictures to go with your memories.. hugs ~lynne~
So good that you have been able to have the family see David's changes as well as be there for you.
Yes! I have loved getting acquainted with you through blogging. Not happy about what Alzheimer's has done to David, but learning because my husband is headed down the same path. In three years we may be at the same point, and I have learned through you to treasure all the good days and dance in the rain. Thanks so much for sharing your journey here.
Hugs and prayers,
Carol
The look of pure joy on Ellie's face as her grandfather feign's lip burn is priceless. He was really entertaining her! It's very hard on kids seeing the changes as ALZ slowly steels our loved ones away. It is sweet to see the care and compassion with which they treat David. You are raising great young people. God is good!
Debbie
All we need is love...love sweet love...
I'm Also so glad to have Found your Blog my sweet friend! Out of billions, one...Incredible!
Love you Dear one...Try to enjoy your Mother's Day with your Beautiful family!!!
Thinking of you Always...
(((HUG)))
Dolores, I am proud to be counted as one of your friends from around the world, and I was so grateful that you were mine when I was writing my blog about my father.
I'm glad that you find the blogging process therapeutic - so did I. I hope you continue to find as much comfort as possible during these difficult days.
Love from Canada,
Gilda
Wonderful for the grandchildren to see their grandfather. Ellie is so sweet...as well as your other grandchildren. So sweet of her to feed Grandpa. She will cherish her time with him.
Thinking of you and praying for your whole family.
I can not believe that I was not listed as a follower - after all this time. I fixed it.
Love, Susannah
Oh Dolores.. God truly does use all of our pain.. all of our circumstances to conform us into the image of Christ. I see that fact when looking at the picture of your granddaughter feeding your husband. She is being taught how to love through the AlZ. of her grandfather. Beautiful picture!
Just beautiful.
You bold, powerful woman.
Love Jayne
My Dearest Dolores, Wanted to email you last night but just didn't get around to it getting things ready for today. I don't have to cook cause one of my daughters is bringing all the food but still other things to do. Yes, you have come a long way with your sweet David, but God is always with us to help and comfort us, he will never leave you alone. I also wish you a Very Happy Mothers Day and thank you for the compliment on my dear mom. Hugs...Lu
Dearest Delores,
I have thought of you so often as I have been battling my own illness---again. My brother is now also in a health crisis. Would you keep him in prayer?
I love the picture of your Ellie and how tender she appears with David. It is wonderful to see the circle of life renew itself again and again. Our children and grandchildren are the only assurance we have that our beliefs and our morals will be carried into the next generations. How good God is!!!
I will continue to keep you and David and the family in my prayers. You bless me so---as always.
In Grace,
Marie
Dolores,
The last photo of your granddaughter and David is precious. Your blog has blessed me countless times. Thank you too for the timeline, that helps too.
I am so glad that you created this wonderful blog. Unlike others that I searched, yours caught my attention because despite the reality of the disease, you added a positive outlook and encouragement.
I love your blog and I love you. Thank you for this gift of a blog, I know it has blessed countless others.
Wishing David rest and sending you my prayers and well wishes.
Karen
Hi dear Liz!
I hope all is quiet at your front lately. Thank you for your wonderful visit, it sure made me settle my mind, as it was in turmoil of all I have to do when my daughter leaves for Miami and of course, the Sil's operation and everything else. Thank you from my heart lovely lady for including our Sil in your prayers, you know I love you very much. Have a lovely weekend.
FABBY
These 2 last pictures have me bawling. This is LOVE, pure and simple, and beautiful to see. God bless David and you, and Ellie.
I don't know how I missed this post, but I'm glad I read it belatedly. The picture of Ellie and grandpa having a tea party is so very sweet. The look on her face is indicative of the fun they were having. David appears to be a hands on grandpa. My dad was the same way with my boys and to this day they have wonderful memories of the time spent with him.
Your son and his boys are a handsome bunch!
Post a Comment