I Believe...

"LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WEATHERING THE STORM, ...IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN"

Friday, December 17, 2010

............GOOD and BUSY WEEK...............

Sunday night we went to a beautiful musical program at our church, and David enjoyed it.

A very good week, considering we attended three night programs.   I wasn't sure we'd go to our grandson's band concerts...... night time, crowds, a lot of confusion and noise.     For anyone with Alzheimer's this is a NO-NO!

The two oldest boys are in the high school band, and one is in the jazz band and played a solo part on his tenor sax.    The youngest boy is in fourth grade, and his class had a musical program.   I'm so happy that we made it to their wonderful programs!!

I was so tickled that David made it through the programs without falling apart.   Each occasion I've wondered.... is this the last?     I've said this before, and I'll say it again.....'life is good...it's definitely different, but we are very blessed that David is still doing as well as he is at this stage of the disease.'
Christmas'  1992 -More precious memories!
Tomorrow will be a week that David has  taken the 23mg of Aricept, with no side effects.   Yea!!!   I'm so thankful for Aricept and Namenda...... sure wish they were cheaper though.

David hasn't looked at the newspaper everyday this week, but he has looked at it off and on, and that thrills the heck out of me to see him holding the paper. 

   Yesterday we went to Olive Garden with a wonderful and understanding friend.   There are times like this,  that life feels almost normal.             

Tuesday will be Christmas with our Houston family.....Yea!

God is good!

18 comments:

karen said...

Your right the meds are costly but so glad no side effects. Have a Merry Christmas and Band concerts are great.I miss those. My son played the Trumpet. Thanks for sending our email about Alz's. Thinking of you two always.

judi/Gmj said...

your in our thoughts and my prayers.
Yes, I see an ulcer in my future as the grands become involved in extramural activities. hugs , judi

Jenny's Place Online said...

:) Jenny

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

So happy for you !
Small blessings mean so much.Its strange here without my MIL,she is happy in the home loves all the fuss, and actually less confused,maybe having to do a little more for herself is helping.
Christmas is almost here, I am going through the motions because of my kids, I wish I could skip it this year,I miss John so much, more each day.My life will never be the same ,I keep doing what I have to do for my kids and myself its not easy.I know he is watching over us.
So happy for you and David.Every good day is a blessing.
Diane

Barbara said...

What a great week! Clynt hates crowds too and sometimes he gets really mad if he gets confused while at them. So what a blessing that David had a good time at all THREE!!

I wish I could make the drugs cheaper for you. It's such a burden, this medication business.

My thoughts are with you always!!

xxx
barbara

Carol Noren Johnson said...

Glad that medicine seems to be working and slowing down the progression of ALzheimer's. Did you go into the donut hole and beyond it to catastrophic coverage with his medicine in 2010? We did for my husband and are now changing to another plan.

It's great that David can still go to events and that you can enjoy them together. Hope you and your extended family have a wonderful Christmas.

Hugs,
Carol

Unknown said...

Glad for all of you...sure is nice to see that you can all get together for these special holiday times. I know it means so much and that it would be real tough for you, if you couldn't. Have a wonderful Christmas together!
P. S. I am back to my old self! Yay!

Terynn said...

What a wonderful week. Restaurants, concerts, outings ... such a happy kind of busy (and no confusion or upsetness for David). Thank you, Lord.

I love the photo of your family Chritmas, complete with itty bitty grandbabies. You look like the prettiest Grandmama ever.

(happy sigh on your behalf)

xinex said...

Hi Dolores, I am so happy to hear that David is doing so well. But then, I am not surprised because of all your love and care. Merry Christmas to you and your family!....Christine

Helen said...

Oh yes ... I've said it before, music is the key to unlocking memories, lifting spirits. Even better when adored boys are playing. Enjoy today .......

Anonymous said...

So happy you and Uncle David were able to enjoy the programs!! YEA!! I'll be thinking of y'all Tuesday! Love ya! L~

Gilda Spitz said...

Glad to hear such good news, and glad to see such lovely photos. I wish you a wonderful holiday celebration.

Gilda

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

So happy David's new dosage is working well...and attending those concerts!!! Wow...that was a real gift!!! Wishing you much love and peacefulness this Christmas Week!!!

Happy@Home said...

How wonderful to hear that you were able to attend all of the concerts successfully. Also wonderful that the new meds are being tolerated well.
Great pictures you shared!

Donna said...

SORRY to be late...With Crystal being gone on a trip this week, I haven't had time to Scream!Hahaa
SO happy he did well at all those functions sweetie!!
Looks like Christmas will be Merry, indeedy!
hughugs

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Yes, God is good! I hope 2011 will be a good year for your family.

Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You :-)

~Ron

Vickie said...

Hi Dolores, I'm playing catch-up on visiting today! Looks like you guys had a good Christmas. Cheery smiles all around. I'm glad David is doing well on his meds. They ARE expensive, and I think I told that the patent on Aricept is running out at the end of the year and that it should go out on the open market sometime this year. Also, if you've not done so, you can ask David's Dr. to prescribe his meds by 3 months instead of monthly - it's cheaper that way, too. We do Tony's mom's that way, they are shipped to us, and then we give them to the Memory Care home that his mom is in and they dispense them to her.

God bless you both with the richness of His grace in 2011. I pray it's a good year for David and yourself. I'm glad his meds are helping. Take care!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...