I Believe...

"LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WEATHERING THE STORM, ...IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN"

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Here I go again, looking back on last year.   Truly, I'm doing well, but I'm still at the stage of needing to look back and see what was happening this time last year and this blog makes that possible.   

 

 

Wednesday, June 6, 2012


"JUST SAYING"

 Have you noticed nowadays how often we hear the phrase  'just saying'........     Well,  I'm just saying that moving forward on this  journey with Alzheimer's has taught me some good, sad and valuable life lessons.

I've learned  that prayers for us are felt so strongly by me and they help me through each day.

I've learned  (should have known this from the beginning)....God will never give me more than I can handle.  The first few years after David's diagnosis I  felt paralyzed with fear and sadness, but one step at a time  

I've learned as bad as its been at times, I've  never felt totally alone.

I'm learning to be more patient and slow down.   Stop and smell the roses!

I'm learning (trying) not to worry about tomorrow, next week or next year.   One day at a time. 

I've learned I can live in our home by myself  (the animals sure help) without being afraid.   I went from living at home with my mother to being married......

I've learned that family and friends are such a blessing.   I knew this anyway, but not to the extent that I know it now.

I've learned that most people are so dad blasted nice!!!   

I've learned it's not necessary to have a long conversation with someone whose experiencing health issues, death or sadness.    A hug, smile or just asking how they or their loved one is doing is sufficient.

I've learned that music makes me cry, but that's okay.....tears are healing.

I've learned  that it hurts my heart when I feel David is forgotten or not ask about 
 .......

I've learned a walk with the dog helps when I'm feeling sad or depressed. 

I've learned that I love people I've never met in person.....thank you my faithful blog friends.

I've discovered who my true friends and family are......'just saying.'

Oh how I wish David didn't have this dreadful disease, but 'just saying'  there are some positives for me in spite of..........

David continues in a peaceful/stable condition and for that I'm thankful.

God is good!!! 
You might also like:

25 comments:

Tomarie said...

Was and is still a beautiful post! I know this....Uncle David will never ever ever be forgotten. He is in the psyche of all of us who knew him or read about him faithfully through your blog. A person that kind and that GOOD will leave a legacy that will go on for a very long time. I can only imagine how much you miss him...I hope you feel him watching over you because I know he is!
Love you!!! L~

Carol Noren Johnson said...

Love being your blogging friend. Knowing you went through this strengthens me for my journey, I have also been looking back at a year ago on my blog--well actually 11 months.

Hugs and prayers,
Carol

Chatty Crone said...

Gosh you have taken so many negatives and turned them into something positive. Bitter or better. Better. A lot of lessons your learned there. I know you still miss your David. sandie

Happy@Home said...

So good to hear from you and know that you are doing well.
What a wonderful, wonderful collage of David looking so happy. I especially like the photo in the upper right corner. Your doggy is looking at him with such adoration. So cute!
It seems you have indeed learned a lot through the Alzheimer's journey. Now we are able to learn a lot from you and for that I am grateful.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh, when I see you're posting, sweet lady.. I run to open it up to see how you are and all the wonderful life lessons you also give us through your experience with dear David's Alzheimer's and all the love and trust in our Lord, it's amazing.. and always leaves me with so much serenity and it makes me ponder about myself, even. I specially love your pictures and this collage is lovely, each one is so familiar to me and it brings a smile to my face, specially when I see you smiling when cuddled by the love of your life. Always think of you and have you present on my prayers.
Big hugs,
FABBY

Vickie said...

Hi Dolores! Just poking my head in to check on you and catch up. I've been tied up with family, too. Hope things are going well for you and that you're staying busy and filling your time with friends and loved ones and fun activities! And of course spending time with the Lord!
Sending you a big hug ---- Vickie

Vee said...

You have learned a lot of valuable things and in so doing have taught the rest of us.

I know what you mean about being alone in a house (and pets being a big help). The day my son moved into his own apartment was the first time in my life that I had ever been alone...without another person. Strange feeling that is.

Hope that those reading who are the "real people" in your life will realize how important it is for you to have David mentioned and to be able to talk about him.(I still mention my children's dad to them and they look uncomfortable with it sometimes. I don't want it to be that way. I'd like it to be as natural as anything...just good and pleasant memories.)

It's a one day at a time thing, that's for sure with some days being better than others. I always found staying busy worked best for me, but others find that something else works best. Grieving is uniquely one's own process.

I'm praying that today you'll have such sweet memories that there'll be lots of smiles as you think of them.

Deb said...

So nice to see you are doing well... I think of you often

Unknown said...

Hello dear one. I still love the title of your blog, for no matter how horrible a time we may be going through we can't remain in that spot. As difficult as changes are they are a necessary part of life. Moving forward is not easy; we both know that. As I so often remind my children "Life requires movement." Trials contain our richest blessings, I believe. Your list of some of what you've learned through this painful loss is evident of that. I think of you often, pray for you daily, knowing that you are doing the same for me. It helps. I'm still having to type one finger style till my hands heal, which is why I can't post yet. It's too hard. Hopefully it won't be much longer. Till then, take care of yourself. You're one classy, warm, lovable, courageous,lady. God bless you.

Helen said...

I love reading your 'just sayin' updates' ... stay happy and healthy, Dolores.

Donna said...

I bet those fur babies sleep with Momma too...Hahaaa!!!
SO glad you are having some "smiling" days sweet friend!
That's what really matters!
Sweet weekend to you!!
hughughugs

Gilda Spitz said...

Hi Dolores. Still thinking about you and hoping you are well.

Love
Gilda

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post Dolores and pictures.
Memories are golden my friend.

It keeps one going.

It keeps your spirits up .

So you can be used for others.

You never know what the Lord has

planned in your life. Since your

darling is home with the Master.

I believe the Lord can use you

mighty for others .






romance-of-roses said...

Hi Dear Dolores,
This is so true, He only gives us what He knows we can handle. Well I am back, dear friend and hope to post at least once a week. Taking care of Rick right now from an infection on his leg plus doctor visits and so on. Looking back is food for the soul. Blessings, Lu

Melanie said...

Beautiful post!!!! I can agree with every thing you have posted, I only regret that I learned them the hard way. As you said, I should have known this already. I too thank God that my sweet Daddy is now at peace. Miss him so bad that it hurts, but one day.... God is truly good, all of the time!!!!
Hugs to you sweet friend, my heart rejoices with yours

KathyB. said...

What a touching reminder of true love. It is encouraging to read of your life now as you remember David, but now live on your own. The things you have learned and expressed , well, I don't have words for except to say I am glad you're still blogging and sharing with us. Thank-you Dolores.

I love the last picture of you and David together.

Betty said...

Very well said. I feel the same way...it seems so much longer. I wonder why that is? I thought maybe it was because I was so busy with Reid, but I guess not. Perhaps everyone feels that way. At first you count it off...it's a week since he's gone, two weeks today, etc. Then at some point you get away from doing that and kind of lose track of the time. Maybe that's healing.

Tracy said...

Remember there is alway a rainbow after the storm. And ALZ is a very bad storm. Take your time, heal, grow, love and laugh. and God is Good!

xinex said...

I know ou will heal completely and I also know that David will never be forgotten. We all love you too, Dolores, and I am so grateful that I met you here. You teach me patience, love and devotion....Christine

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

God did say to not worry about tomorrow for today has its own cares. I know that GOD allows things to happen so we can be a blessing to others that are hurting in the same way so with what you went through, you will be a blessing and be able to help othes. ALL things happen and turn out for the glory of God. THere are times we cant see it for the pain but in time we do and did see that He was with us but it just took some time for the pain to subside. GOD keep you strong, never have any fear and keep much love coming your way from friends and family!

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

OH, and it does help to have furry love and you got that covered in the best way. GOD can even show us love in His creations, be from furry ones to even featherd ones. I even had a fish that knew when I came home and wiggled his tail and came up the top of the tank just to give me kisses. ALL of GOD's creations know love, I am sure of it.

Unknown said...

I loved reading this post and knowing how far you have come. I'm still in the middle of it all, and well sometimes like tonight I get discouraged. So, I thought I would pop over and read what you had to say. Thank you for posting this. It gives me hope for tomorrow. Maybe next year I will have come as far as you have. Thank you for stopping by.

God Bless.

Karen

Jen said...

What a wonderful post - thank you for sharing your thoughts. You never know when someone needed to read just one thing that will help them.
Happy to hear you are doing well. Love the picture of your furry friends :-)

Jeannette

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

Just checking in to see how you are doing and to let you know we are praying for you.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I came back to your last post because I do love your family pictures and they also remind me so much of you and your David. Thank you for sharing them with us and maybe you will share some more later on. Thanks for your sweet comments for my 4th. patriotic table and I do wish for the USA to be blessed and safe and of course, you, my lovely friend. Hope you have a wonderful Fourth weekend along with your family.
Love,
Fabby

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...